Fax: (805) 715-8106
Estimating recurrences prevented from using trastuzumab in HER-2/neu–positive adjuvant breast cancer in the United States
Version of Record online: 23 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 24, pages 5575–5583, 15 December 2010
How to Cite
Danese, M. D., Lalla, D., Brammer, M., Doan, Q. and Knopf, K. (2010), Estimating recurrences prevented from using trastuzumab in HER-2/neu–positive adjuvant breast cancer in the United States. Cancer, 116: 5575–5583. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25347
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 23 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 16 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 23 NOV 2009
- 6Phase III trial comparing AC-T with AC-TH and with TCH in the adjuvant treatment of HER2 positive early breast cancer patients: second interim efficacy analysis. Paper presented at: 29th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 14-17, 2006; San Antonio, Texas., , , et al.
- 13Modern Epidemiology, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008.
- 15Surveillance Research Program. SEER*Stat Software. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2008.
- 24Annual Estimates of the Population by Five-Year Age Groups and Sex for the United States: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2006 (NC-EST2006-01). Washington, DC: US Census Bureau, Population Division; 2007.
- 25Human epidermal growth factor receptors 2 (HER2) testing and treatment patterns among newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. Paper presented at: American Society of Clinical Oncology Meeting; September 5-7, 2008; Washington, DC.,
- 27Updated results of the combined analysis of NCCTG N9831 and NSABP B-31: adjuvant chemotherapy with or without trastuzumab (H) in patients with HER2-positive breast cancer. Paper presented at: American Society of Clinical Oncology Meeting; June 1-5, 2007; Chicago, Illinois., , , et al.
- 28Five year update of cardiac dysfunction in NSABP B-31: a randomized trial of AC to paclitaxel versus AC to paclitaxel with trastuzumab in HER2-positive, lymph node-positive, operable breast cancer. Paper presented at: American Society of Clinical Oncology Meeting; June 1-5, 2007; Chicago, Illinois., , , et al.
- 29Assessment of cardiac dysfunction in a randomized trial comparing doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel, with or without trastuzumab as adjuvant therapy in lymph node-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer: NSABP B-31. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 7811-7819., , , et al.
- 31Consumer Price Index. Series ID: CUSR000SAM. Washington, DC: US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics; 2008.
- 35May 2007 National Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates. Washington, DC: US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics; 2008.
- 40National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Breast cancer screening and diagnosis guidelines. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology v.2.2008. Fort Washington, PA: NCCN; 2008. Available at: http:/www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/breast-screening.pdf.
- 41CooperH, HedgesLV, ValentineJC, eds. The Handbook of Research Synthesis and Meta-Analysis. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Russell Sage Foundation; 2009.
- 44Phase III randomized trial comparing doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel (AC -> T) with doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel and trastuzumab (AC -> TH) with docetaxel, carboplatin and trastuzumab (TCH) in HER2 neu positive early breast cancer patients: BCIRG 006 study. Paper presented at: San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 9-13, 2009; San Antonio, Texas., , , et al.