Fax: (011) 49-89-990-17-209
Clinical utility of multiparameter flow cytometry in the diagnosis of 1013 patients with suspected myelodysplastic syndrome
Correlation to cytomorphology, cytogenetics, and clinical data
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 19, pages 4549–4563, 1 October 2010
How to Cite
Kern, W., Haferlach, C., Schnittger, S. and Haferlach, T. (2010), Clinical utility of multiparameter flow cytometry in the diagnosis of 1013 patients with suspected myelodysplastic syndrome. Cancer, 116: 4549–4563. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25353
- Issue published online: 22 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 21 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 5 OCT 2009
- 7JaffeES, HarrisNL, SteinH, VardimanJW, eds. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2001.
- 8JaffeES, HarrisNL, SteinH, VardimanJW, eds. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours: Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2008.
- 17Morphologic dysplasia in de novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is related to unfavorable cytogenetics but has no independent prognostic relevance under the conditions of intensive induction therapy: results of a multiparameter analysis from the German AML Cooperative Group studies. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 256-265., , , et al.
- 18The abnormal eosinophils are part of the leukemic cell population in acute myelomonocytic leukemia with abnormal eosinophils (AML M4Eo) and carry the pericentric inversion 16: a combination of May-Grunwald-Giemsa staining and fluorescence in situ hybridization. Blood. 1996; 87: 2459-2463., , , et al.
- 23Loss of genetic material is more common than gain in acute myeloid leukemia with complex aberrant karyotype: a detailed analysis of 125 cases using conventional chromosome analysis and fluorescence in situ hybridization including 24-color FISH. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2002; 35: 20-29., , , et al.
- 26Acute myeloid leukemia with a complex aberrant karyotype is a distinct biological entity characterized by genomic imbalances and a specific gene expression profile. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2005; 43: 227-238., , , , , .
- 27Proposals for standardized protocols for cytogenetic analyses of acute leukemias, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, chronic myeloproliferative disorders, and myelodysplastic syndromes. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2007; 46: 494-499., , , et al.