Fax: (713) 563-2765
Policy implications of early onset breast cancer among Mexican-origin women
Version of Record online: 31 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 2, pages 390–397, 15 January 2011
How to Cite
Miranda, P. Y., Wilkinson, A. V., Etzel, C. J., Zhou, R., Jones, L. A., Thompson, P. and Bondy, M. L. (2011), Policy implications of early onset breast cancer among Mexican-origin women. Cancer, 117: 390–397. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25397
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 31 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 25 JAN 2010
Vol. 117, Issue 4, 878, Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2010
- 1American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures for Hispanics/Latinos 2006-2008. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society; 2006.
- 3US Census Bureau. Projected Population of the United States, by Race and Hispanic Origin: 2000 to 2050. Washington, DC: US Census Bureau; 2004.
- 4Key Facts: Race, Ethnicity and Medical Care. Washington, DC: Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation; 2007., , , .
- 5American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2008. Atlanta, GA; American Cancer Society; 2008.
- 6The Economic Burden of Health Inequalities in the United States. Washington, DC: Joint Center of Political and Economic Studies; 2009., , .
- 7RiesLAG, HarkinsD, KrapchoM, et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics, Review, 1975-2003. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2006. Based on November 3005 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER website, 2006.
- 8Texas Cancer Registry. Cancer Mortality Rates in Harris County, Texas: Breast, Non-Hispanic White, 1990-2006. Austin, TX: Texas Department of State Health Services; 2010.
- 9Texas Cancer Registry. Cancer Mortality Rates in Harris County, Texas: Breast, Black, 1990-2006. Austin, TX: Texas Department of State Health Services; 2010.
- 10Texas Cancer Registry. Cancer Mortality Rates in Harris County, Texas: Breast, Hispanic, 1990-2006. Austin, TX: Texas Department of State Health Services; 2010.
- 11National Commission on Prevention Priorities. Preventive Care: A National Profile on Use, Disparities, and Health Benefits. Washington, DC: Partnership for Prevention; 2007.
- 15A new measurement of acculturation for Hispanics: the Bidimensional Acculturation Scale for Hispanics (BAS) [in Spanish]. Hispanic J Behav Sci. 1996; 18: 297-316. Available from http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-0030201461&partnerID=40. Accessed December 21, 2009., .
- 16National Institutes of Health; National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. Publication no. 98-4083. Bethesda, MD: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; 1998.
- 18Applied Logistic Regression. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1989., .
- 20Risk factors of breast cancer in Mexican women [in Spanish]. Salud Publica de Mexico 2000; 42: 26-33. http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0- 0342264370&partnerID=40. Accessed November 6, 2009., , , et al.