Fax: (717) 531-7741
A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study
Article first published online: 22 SEP 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 3, pages 554–562, 1 February 2011
How to Cite
Zaino, R. J., Brady, M. F., Lele, S. M., Michael, H., Greer, B. and Bookman, M. A. (2011), Advanced stage mucinous adenocarcinoma of the ovary is both rare and highly lethal. Cancer, 117: 554–562. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25460
The following Gynecologic Oncology Group member institutions participated in this study: United States: Roswell Park Cancer Institute, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Duke University Medical Center, Abington Memorial Hospital, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Colorado Gynecologic Oncology Group P.C., University of California at Los Angeles, University of Washington, University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Indiana University School of Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, University of California Medical Center at Irvine, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Magee Women's Hospital, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, University of Kentucky, University of New Mexico, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Southwestern Oncology Group, Washington University School of Medicine, Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center, Columbus Cancer Council, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Women's Cancer Center, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, University of Chicago, Tacoma General Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Mayo Clinic, Case Western Reserve University, Tampa Bay Cancer Consortium, Gynecologic Oncology Network, Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Yale University, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Cancer Trials Support Unit, University of Texas-Galveston, Women and Infants Hospital, Community and Clinical Oncology Program. Australasia: Australian New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology and Australian New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group/NHMRC Clinical Trial Centre. United Kingdom: Yeovil, Hull, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Airedale General Hospital, Bronglais General Hospital, Broomfield Hospital, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Cheltenham General Hospital, Christie Hospital, Churchill Hospital, City Hospital, Birmingham, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derriford Hospital, Essex County Hospital, Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospital, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, James Cook University Hospital, Lincoln County Hospital, Maidstone Hospital, Manor Hospital Mount Vernon Hospital, New Cross Hospital, Newcastle General Hospital, North Devon District Hospital, Northampton General Hospital, Nottingham City Hospital Trust, Oldchurch Hospital, Pilgrim Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother's Hospital, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Russell Hall Hospital, part of the Dudley Group of Hospitals, St. Bartholomew's Hospital, St. George's Hospital, St. James's University Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital-Portsmouth, Torbay Hospital UCLH Gynaecological Cancer Centre, Velindre Hospital NHS Trust, Weston Park Hospital, and Wexham Park Hospital. Italy: Bari, IEO, Monza “San Gerardo” Pavoda, Palermo “Cervello” Rimini, Thiene, Treviglio, and Gallarate.
See editorial on pages 451-3, this issue.
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 22 SEP 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 APR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 6 APR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 12 FEB 2010
- 5Synchronous and metachronous endocervical and ovarian neoplasms: evidence supporting interpretation of the ovarian neoplasms as metastatic endocervical adenocarcinomas simulating primary ovarian surface epithelial neoplasms. Am J Surg Path. 2005; 29: 281-294., , , et al.
- 27The logic of inductive inference. J R Stat Soc. 1935; 98: 39-82.
- 30The morphologic spectrum of ovarian metastases of appendiceal adenocarcinomas: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis of tumors often misinterpreted as primary ovarian tumors or metastatic tumors from other gastrointestinal sites. Am J Surg Pathol. 1997; 21: 1144-1155., , , et al.
- 31Immunohistochemistry as a tool in the differential diagnosis of ovarian tumors: an update. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2004; 24: 39-55.,