Fax: (011) 43 1 40400 5511
A population-based study by the Austrian Brain Tumor Registry, 1996-2006
Version of Record online: 24 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 116, Issue 24, pages 5725–5732, 15 December 2010
How to Cite
Woehrer, A., Slavc, I., Waldhoer, T., Heinzl, H., Zielonke, N., Czech, T., Benesch, M., Hainfellner, J. A. and Haberler, C. (2010), Incidence of atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumors in children. Cancer, 116: 5725–5732. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25540
This study is part of the doctoral thesis Brain Tumor Epidemiology in Austria (available at: www.meduniwien.ac.at/clins).
The following are also group members of the Austrian Brain Tumor Registry: Amedeo A. Azizi, MD (Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Vienna); Michael Scarpatetti, MD (Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Graz); Georg Ebetsberger, MD (Department of Pediatrics, Children's and Maternity Hospital Linz); Serge Weis, MD (Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, State Neuropsychiatric Hospital Wagner-Jauregg); Neil Jones, MD (Department of Pediatrics, Paracelsus Private Medical University Salzburg); Andreas Klein-Franke, MD (Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Innsbruck); William Sterlacci, MD (Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Innsbruck); Barbara Jauk, MD (Department of Pediatrics, State Hospital Klagenfurt); Andreas Kiefer, MD (Institute of Pathology, State Hospital Klagenfurt); Guido Mueller, MD (Department of Pediatrics, State Hospital Feldkirch); Ulrike Gruber-Moesenbacher, MD (Institute of Pathology, State Hospital Feldkirch); Angelika Reiner-Concin, MD (Institute of Pathology, Danube Hospital Vienna); and Hans Feichtinger, MD (Department of Pathology, Krankenanstalt Rudolfstiftung Vienna).
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 11 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 6 APR 2010
- 2Childhood Cancer in Britain: Incidence, Survival, Mortality. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press; 2007.
- 3WHO Classification of Tumours of the Central Nervous System. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2007., , ,
- 8Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Nervous System. 3rd edition. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2000.,
- 9International Classification of Diseases for Oncology. 3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2000., , , et al.
- 20Intensive induction chemotherapy followed by high dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell rescue in young children newly diagnosed with central nervous system atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008; 51: 235-240., , , , ,
- 39CBTRUS Statistical Report: Primary Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors Diagnosed in the United States in 2004-2005. Available at: http://www.cbtrus.org/reports/reports. html Accessed January 10, 2010.
- 50New treatment strategy improves survival of CNS atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors [abstract]. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2009; 53: 701-915. Abstract PM.035., , , ,
- 52The European Rhabdoid Registry (EU-RHAB)—a comprehensive approach towards biology and clinical management [abstract]. Neuro-Oncology. 2010; 16: ii36.Abstract ATRT.01., , , et al.