Fax: (617) 632-1930
The association of race/ethnicity, insurance status, and socioeconomic factors with breast cancer care
Article first published online: 11 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 1, pages 180–189, 1 January 2011
How to Cite
Freedman, R. A., Virgo, K. S., He, Y., Pavluck, A. L., Winer, E. P., Ward, E. M. and Keating, N. L. (2011), The association of race/ethnicity, insurance status, and socioeconomic factors with breast cancer care. Cancer, 117: 180–189. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25542
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 11 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 14 MAY 2010
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAR 2010
- 1National Cancer Institute (NCI). Breast Cancer Treatment (PDQ). Health Professional Version, 2008. http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/breast/healthprofessional/page7#section_108. Accessed September, 2009.
- 2National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Breast Cancer. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/breast.pdf, V. 2. 2009.
- 3Study of failure pattern among high-risk breast cancer patients with or without postmastectomy radiotherapy in addition to adjuvant systemic therapy: long-term results from the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group DBCG 82 b and c randomized studies. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 2268-2275., , , ,
- 10Commission on Cancer. National Cancer Data Base. http://www.facs.org/cancer/ncdb/index.html. Accessed August 15, 2009.
- 14Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS) Manual; In: , , eds.: American College of Surgeons and Committee on Cancer Revised; 2004. http://www.facs.org/cancer/coc/fords/fordsrevised0904.pdf. Accessed on August 15, 2009.
- 15American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer. National Cancer Data Base. Cancer Program Accreditation: Categories of Approval. http://www.facs.org/cancer/coc/categories.html#thcp. Accessed August 15, 2009.
- 16US Department of Commerce Economics and Statistics Administration. US Census Bureau, Geography Division. Census Regions and Divisions of the United States. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/us_regdiv.pdf. Accessed August 15, 2009.
- 17AJCC Staging Manual. 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott -Raven; 1997., , , et al.
- 18AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, 6thed. New York: Springer- Verlag; 2002, , , et al.
- 25Disparities in medical care among commercially insured patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer: opportunities for intervention. Cancer. 2009; 116: 193-202., , , et al.
- 26African-American ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and breast cancer survival: a meta-analysis of 14 studies involving over 10,000 African-American and 40,000 White American patients with carcinoma of the breast. Cancer. 2002; 94: 2844-2854., , , et al.
- 37National Institutes of Health Consensus Development program. Adjuvant Therapy for Breast Cancer. Consensus Development Conference Statement. November 1-3, 2000. http://consensus.nih.gov/2000/2000AdjuvantTherapyBreastCancer114html.htm. Accessed on November 4, 2009.