Fax: (813) 745-6817
Intolerance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in chronic myeloid leukemia
Definitions and clinical implications
Article first published online: 4 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 4, pages 688–697, 15 February 2011
How to Cite
Pinilla-Ibarz, J., Cortes, J. and Mauro, M. J. (2011), Intolerance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors in chronic myeloid leukemia. Cancer, 117: 688–697. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25648
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 4 OCT 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 15 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Received: 11 MAY 2010
- 3Nilotinib (formerly AMN107), a highly selective BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase inhibitor, is effective in patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia in chronic phase following imatinib resistance and intolerance. Blood. 2007; 110: 3540-3546., , , et al.
- 5National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Version 2. Fort Washington, PA: National Comprehensive Cancer Network; 2010.
- 13Common toxicity criteria versus symptom specific measures: how congruent are the data? J Clin Oncol. 2002; 21: 2897., , , , ,
- 15The symptom burden of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). Blood. 2008; 112: 2408., , , et al.
- 18Update on imatinib-resistant chronic myeloid leukemia patients in chronic phase (CML-CP) on nilotinib therapy at 24 months: clinical response, safety, and long-term outcomes. Blood. 2009; 114: 464., , , et al.
- 19Patterns and management of selected adverse events of adult patients with imatinib-resistant or -intolerant chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) from the ENACT (expanding nilotinib access in clinical trials) study. Blood. 2009; 114: 457-458., , , et al.
- 21Gleevec (imatinib) [package insert]. East Hanover, NJ: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; 2008.
- 25Nilotinib 300 mg twice daily is effective and well tolerated as first line treatment of Ph-positive chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase: preliminary results of the ICORG 0802 phase 2 study. Blood. 2009; 114: 1277., , , et al.
- 28Minimal cross-intolerance between nilotinib and imatinib in patients with imatinib-intolerant chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) in chronic phase (CP) or accelerated phase (AP). J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 387s., , , et al.
- 29Impact of prior therapy and suboptimal response to imatinib on the efficacy and safety of nilotinib among 1,422 patients with imatinib-resistant or -intolerant chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in chronic phase (CP): sub-analyses of the ENACT (Expanding Nilotinib Access in Clinical Trials) study. Blood. 2009; 114: 866., , , et al.
- 32Dasatinib lack of cross intolerance to imatinib in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemia chronic phase (CML-CP) intolerant to imatinib: a retrospective analysis of safety. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 375s., , , et al.
- 33Potent, transient inhibition of BCR-ABL with dasatinib 100 mg daily achieves rapid and durable cytogenetic responses and high transformation-free survival rates in chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia patients with resistance, suboptimal response or intolerance to imatinib. Haematologica. 2010; 95: 232-240., , , et al.
- 34Dasatinib or high-dose imatinib for chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemia resistant to imatinib at a dose of 400 to 600 milligrams daily: 2-year follow-up of a randomized phase 2 study (START-R). Cancer. 2009; 115: 4136-4147., , , et al.
- 36Sprycel (dasatinib) [package insert]. Princeton, NJ: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; 2009.