Fax: (011) 49-69-6301-6317
Use of standard markers and incorporation of molecular markers into breast cancer therapy†
Consensus recommendations from an International Expert Panel
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2010
Copyright © 2010 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 8, pages 1575–1582, 15 April 2011
How to Cite
Kaufmann, M., Pusztai, L. and the Biedenkopf Expert Panel Members (2011), Use of standard markers and incorporation of molecular markers into breast cancer therapy. Cancer, 117: 1575–1582. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25660
The Biedenkopf Expert Panel Members: Fatima Cardoso, Breast Cancer Unit, Champalimaùd Cancer Center, Lisbon, Portugal; Manfred Dietel, Institute of Pathology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Berlin, Germany; Lutz Edler, Department of Biostatistics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany; Meinhard Hahn, Department of Molecular Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany; Walter Jonat, Department Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany; Thomas Karn, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Breast Unit, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany; Hans Kreipe, Institute for Pathology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany; Sherene Loi, Department of Translational Research, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium; Gunter von Minckwitz, German Breast Group, Neu-Isenburg, Germany; Achim Rody, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Breast Unit, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany; Hans Peter Sinn, Department of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany; Marc Van de Vijver, Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Issue published online: 6 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 3 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Received: 29 APR 2010
- 26NCI Best Practices for Biospecimen Resources. 2007. Available at: http://biospecimens.cancer.gov/
- 31A retrospective analysis of the impact of oncotype DX low recurrence score results on treatment decisions in a single academic breast cancer center. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007; 106: S105. Abstract 2061., , , ,
- 33Prognostic value of a combined ER, PgR, Ki67, HER2 immunohistochemical (IHC4) score and comparison with the GHI recurrence score—results from TransATAC. Cancer Res. 2009; 69( Suppl). Abstract 74., , , et al.
- 34Central review of ER, PgR and HER2 in BIG 1-98 evaluating letrozole vs. letrozole followed by tamoxifen vs. tamoxifen followed by letrozole as adjuvant endocrine therapy for postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2009; 69( Suppl). Abstract 76., , , et al.
- 39American Society of Clinical Oncology; College of American Pathologists. American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for immunohistochemical testing of estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer (unabridged version). Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010; 134: e48-e72., , , et al;
- 45Use of archived specimens in evaluation of prognostic and predictive biomarkers. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009; 101: 1445-1452., ,
- 46Advances in clinical trial designs for predictive biomarker discovery and validation. Cur Breast Cancer Rep. 2009, 1: 216-221.