Fax: (011) 33142115211
Progression-free survival as a surrogate marker of overall survival†
Is it the good question?
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 12, pages 2586–2587, 15 June 2011
How to Cite
Escudier, B. (2011), Progression-free survival as a surrogate marker of overall survival. Cancer, 117: 2586–2587. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25955
See original referenced article on pages 2637–42, this issue.
- Issue published online: 7 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 30 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: 7 DEC 2010
The use of progression-free survival as a surrogate marker of efficacy in cancer treatment has been the subject of much discussion in recent years. However, it should not be considered a surrogate marker for overall survival.