Fax: (206) 368-6808
Combined weekly topotecan and biweekly bevacizumab in women with platinum-resistant ovarian, peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer†‡
Results of a Phase 2 Study
Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 16, pages 3731–3740, 15 August 2011
How to Cite
McGonigle, K. F., Muntz, H. G., Vuky, J., Paley, P. J., Veljovich, D. S., Greer, B. E., Goff, B. A., Gray, H. J. and Malpass, T. W. (2011), Combined weekly topotecan and biweekly bevacizumab in women with platinum-resistant ovarian, peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer. Cancer, 117: 3731–3740. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25967
This original research was presented in part at the 2008 American Society of Clinical Oncology, Chicago, Illinois (Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2008;26. Abstract 5551) and the 2009 Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer, San Antonio, Texas (Gynecologic Oncology. 2009;112:S145. Abstract 286).
The authors thank Cancer Research and Biostatistics, Seattle, Washington, for statistical analysis.
- Issue online: 3 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 5 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 24 NOV 2010
- 4Avastin (bevacizumab) prescribing Information. South San Francisco, CA: Genentech; 2009..
- 5Phase III trial of bevacizumab (BEV) in the primary treatment of advanced epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC), primary peritoneal cancer (PPC), or fallopian tube cancer (FTC): A Gynecologic Oncology Group study [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28( 15s):946s. Abstract LBA1., , , et al.
- 6ICON7: A phase III randomised Gynaecologic Cancer InterGroup trial of concurrent bevacizumab and chemotherapy followed by maintenance bevacizumab, versus chemotherapy alone in women with newly diagnosed epithelial ovarian (EOC), primary peritoneal (PPC) or fallopian tube cancer (FTC) [abstract]. Ann Oncol. 2010; 21( suppl 8): vii2-vii3. Abstract LBA4., , , et al.
- 10A phase II evaluation of bevacizumab in the treatment of recurrent or persistent endometrial cancer: A Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) Study [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27( 18s):284s. Abstract 5531., , , et al.
- 12Hycamtin (topotecan hydrochloride) prescribing information. Research Triangle Park, NC: Glaxo SmithKline; 2010..
- 22A phase III study of Doxil/Caelyx versus paclitaxel in platinum-treated, taxane-naive relapsed ovarian cancer [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2002; 21: 203a. Abstract 808., , , et al.
- 24Preliminary efficacy and safety of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin and bevacizumab in patients with platinum resistant or intolerant ovarian cancer: Initial results of a phase 2 trial. Presented at: International Gynecologic Cancer Society 12th Biennial Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand, October 25-28, 2008., , , et al.
- 25Effects of weekly bevacizumab and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in heavily pretreated patients with recurrent or progressed ovarian cancer [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 15s. Abstract 5547., , , et al.
- 28Bevacizumab and weekly topotecan as salvage chemotherapy for ovarian cancer [abstract]. Gynecol Oncol. 2009; 112: S57. Abstract 112., , , et al.
- 29The risk of gastrointestinal perforation and/or fistula in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer receiving bevacizumab compared to standard chemotherapy: A retrospective cohort study. Gynecol Oncol. 2009; 114: 424-426., , , , ,
- 33Analysis of early hypertension (HTN) and clinical outcome with bevacizumab (BV) [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28( 15s): 242s. Abstract 3039., , , et al.