Presented at the 2009 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, May 29-June 2, 2009, Orlando, Florida.
Complications associated with erythropoietin-stimulating agents in patients with metastatic breast cancer†‡
A Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results-Medicare Study
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 16, pages 3641–3649, 15 August 2011
How to Cite
Chavez-MacGregor, M., Zhao, H., Fang, S., Srokowski, T. P., Hortobagyi, G. N. and Giordano, S. H. (2011), Complications associated with erythropoietin-stimulating agents in patients with metastatic breast cancer. Cancer, 117: 3641–3649. doi: 10.1002/cncr.25972
This study used the linked SEER-Medicare database. The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, NCI; the Office of Research, Development and Information, CMS; Information Management Services (IMS), Inc; and the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2011
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 1 DEC 2010
- Manuscript Received: 8 SEP 2010
- 8Effect of once-weekly epoetin beta on survival in patients with metastatic breast cancer receiving anthracycline- and/or taxane-based chemotherapy: results of the Breast Cancer-Anemia and the Value of Erythropoietin (BRAVE) study. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 592-598., , , et al.
- 12NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Cancer- and Chemotherapy-Induced Anemia. v.3. 2009. National Comprehensive Cancer Network Web site. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp
- 13American Society of Clinical Oncology; American Society of Hematology. Use of epoetin and darbepoetin in patients with cancer: 2007 American Society of Clinical Oncology/American Society of Hematology clinical practice guideline update. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 132-149., , , et al;