Fax: (416) 813-5327
Article first published online: 26 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Supplement: Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer: Towards Better Outcomes in Canada
Volume 117, Issue Supplement 10, pages 2335–2341, 15 May 2011
How to Cite
Nathan, P. C., Hayes-Lattin, B., Sisler, J. J. and Hudson, M. M. (2011), Critical issues in transition and survivorship for adolescents and young adults with cancers. Cancer, 117: 2335–2341. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26042
The articles in this supplement represent presentations and discussions at the “International Workshop on Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer: Towards Better Outcomes in Canada” that was held in Toronto, Ontario, March 11-13, 2010.
Workshop on Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer: Towards Better Outcomes in Canada, Supplement to Cancer.
- Issue published online: 26 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 18 NOV 2010
- Manuscript Received: 21 SEP 2010
- 1Childhood Cancer Survivorship: Improving Care and Quality of Life. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2003., , .
- 2Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Progress Review Group. Closing the Gap: Research and Care Imperatives for Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer (NIH Publication No. 06-6067). Bethesda, MD: Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, and the LiveStrong Young Adult Alliance; 2006.
- 3Canadian Cancer Society's Steering Committee. Canadian Cancer Statistics 2009. Available at: http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20cancer/Cancer%20statistics/∼/media/CCS/Canada%20wide/Files%20List/English%20files%20heading/pdf%20not%20in%20publications%20section/Stats%202009E%20Cdn%20Cancer.ashx Accessed July 9, 2010.
- 4AltekruseS, KosaryCL, KrapchoM, et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2007 (based on November 2009 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site, 2010). Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2010.
- 30From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2005., , .
- 33Children's Oncology Group. Long-term follow-up guidelines for survivors of childhood, adolescent and young adult cancers, Version 3.0. Arcadia, CA: Children's Oncology Group. October 2008. Available at: http://www.survivorshipguidelines.org.
- 35A cross-Canada survey of clinical programs for the care of survivors of cancer in childhood and adolescence. Pediatr Child Health. 2009; 14: 375-378., , , .