The first 2 authors contributed equally to this article.
Decitabine and suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA) inhibit growth of ovarian cancer cell lines and xenografts while inducing expression of imprinted tumor suppressor genes, apoptosis, G2/M arrest, and autophagy†
Article first published online: 16 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 117, Issue 19, pages 4424–4438, 1 October 2011
How to Cite
Chen, M.-Y., Liao, W. S.-L., Lu, Z., Bornmann, W. G., Hennessey, V., Washington, M. N., Rosner, G. L., Yu, Y., Ahmed, A. A. and Bast, R. C. (2011), Decitabine and suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA) inhibit growth of ovarian cancer cell lines and xenografts while inducing expression of imprinted tumor suppressor genes, apoptosis, G2/M arrest, and autophagy. Cancer, 117: 4424–4438. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26073
The first 2 authors contributed equally to this article. We acknowledge support from the National Cancer Institute for our Translational Chemistry Core Facility.
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 16 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 21 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 17 SEP 2010
- Anderson Cancer Center Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPORE)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI). Grant Number: P50 CA83639
- National Foundation for Cancer Research
- Zarrow Foundation
- NCI Cancer Center. Grant Number: CA016672
- 1Ovarian cancer. In: Hong WK, Bast RC Jr, Hait W, et al, eds. Holland-Frei Cancer Medicine. 8th ed. American Association for Cancer Research. Shelton CT: People's Medical Publishing House-USA; 2010: 1344-1375., , .
- 8A phase IB-IIA study to reverse platinum resistance by use of a hypomethylating agent azacitidine in platinum-resistant or refractory epithelial ovarian Cancer. In press., , , et al.
- 22http://biostatistics.mdanderson.org/SoftwareDownload. Accessed on September 1, 2010., , , . SYNERGY Software.
- 23The median-effect principle and the combination index for quantification of synergism and antagonism. In: Chou TC, Rideout DC, eds. Synergism and Antagonism in Chemotherapy. San Diego, CA: Academic Press; 1991: 61-101..