Fax: (510) 608-5085
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 1, pages 216–222, 1 January 2012
How to Cite
Horn-Ross, P. L., Chang, E. T., Clarke, C. A., Keegan, T. H. M., Rull, R. P., Quach, T. and Gomez, S. L. (2012), Nativity and papillary thyroid cancer incidence rates among Hispanic women in California. Cancer, 118: 216–222. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26223
We thank Tim Miller, Rita Leung, Sarah Shema, Jane Pham, Laura McClure, and Kari Fish for help with the compilation of data.
The ideas and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors; endorsement by the State of California, the California Department of Health Services, the National Cancer Institute, or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or their contractors and subcontractors is not intended and should not be inferred.
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 APR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 28 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 9 NOV 2010
- 1Census Facts 2007. Available at: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06000.html Accessed June 2009.
- 32007 California Health Interview Survey. AskCHIS: UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, June 2009.
- 4http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2006/. Accessed September 2010., , , , , , et al. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2006. Available at:
- 5Cancer in California: 1988-1998. California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section, December 2000., , , , , , et al.,
- 6GLOBOCAN 2008: Cancer Incidence, Mortality and Prevalence Worldwide: IARC CancerBase No. 10 [Internet]. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2010., , , , , .
- 7Cancer incidence in five continents. Vol. IX. IARC Scientific Publications No. 160. International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2007., , , , , , et al.,
- 9US Census Bureau. U.S. Hispanic population: 2006. Available at: http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/hispanic/reports.html. Accessed September 2010.
- 10California Cancer Registry. Available at: www.ccrcal.org/ inside_CCR/FAQ.shtml#how%20complete%2015%20ccr% 20data. Accessed September 2010.
- 11NAACCR Latino Research Work Group. NAACCR Guideline for Enhancing Hispanic/Latino Identification Algorithm [NHIA v2]. North American Association of Cancer Registries (NAACCR), September 2005.
- 17R Program [R], ed. 2.8.0: The R Foundation for Statistical Computing., , , et al.
- 19Cancer incidence among Asians in the Greater Bay Area, 1990-2002. Fremont, CA: Northern California Cancer Center, 2005., , , et al.
- 21Surveillance Research Program. SEER*Stat Software, ed. 6.1.4, 2005.
- 23Joinpoint Regression Program (version 3.4.3). Available at: http://surveillance.cancer.gov/joinpoint/. Accessed July 2010.
- 25Menstrual and reproductive factors in the risk of differentiated thyroid carcinoma in native women in French Polynesia: a population-based case-control study. Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 15: 219-229., , , et al.