We thank the Applied Research Program, National Cancer Institute; Office of Research, Development and Information, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Information Management Services, Inc.; and the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program tumor registries for the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.
Population-based practices and treatment effectiveness
Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 1, pages 248–257, 1 January 2012
How to Cite
Hoffman, K. E., Neville, B. A., Mamon, H. J., Kachnic, L. A., Katz, M. S., Earle, C. C. and Punglia, R. S. (2012), Adjuvant therapy for elderly patients with resected gastric adenocarcinoma. Cancer, 118: 248–257. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26248
The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors.
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 20 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 APR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 7 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 9 JAN 2011
- 2Ries LAG, Melbert D, Krapcho M, et al (eds). SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2005, based on November 2007 SEER data submission. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2008. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2005/. Accessed December 2, 2008.
- 8Overview of the SEER-Medicare data: content, research applications, and generalizability to the United States elderly population. Med Care. 2002; 40: IV-3-IV-18., , , et al.
- 10Postoperative combined radiation and chemotherapy improves disease-free survival (DEFS) and overall survival (OS) in resected adenocarcinoma of the stomach and GE junction. Results of intergroup study INT-0116 (SWOG 9008) [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2000; 19. Abstract 1., , , et al.
- 11for the UK NCRI Upper GI Clinical Studies Group. Perioperative chemotherapy in operable gastric and lower oesophageal cancer: a randomised, controlled trial (the MAGIC trial, ISRCTN 93793971) [abstract]. Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol. 2003; 22. Abstract 998., , ,
- 24Postoperative combined radiation and chemotherapy improves disease-free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS) in resected adenocarcinoma of the stomach and gastroesophageal junction: update of the results of Intergroup Study INT-0116 (SWOG 9008) [abstract]. In: 2004 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium Proceedings. Alexandria, VA: American Society of Clinical Oncology; 2004. Abstract 6., , , et al.
- 26An observational study suggesting clinical benefit for adjuvant postoperative chemoradiation in a population of over 500 cases after gastric resection with D2 nodal dissection for adenocarcinoma of the stomach. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 63: 1279-1285., , , et al.