Fax: (585) 473-2243
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Supplement: National Patient Navigation Leadership Summit (NPNLS): Measuring the Impact and Potential of Patient Navigation, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 117, Issue Supplement 15, pages 3601–3615, 1 August 2011
How to Cite
Fiscella, K., Ransom, S., Jean-Pierre, P., Cella, D., Stein, K., Bauer, J. E., Crane-Okada, R., Gentry, S., Canosa, R., Smith, T., Sellers, J., Jankowski, E. and Walsh, K. (2011), Patient-reported outcome measures suitable to assessment of patient navigation. Cancer, 117: 3601–3615. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26260
We very much appreciate the thoughtful comments from Amy De Groff, PhD, MPH (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
The articles in this supplement are based on presentations at the “National Patient Navigator Leadership Summit”; March 23-24, 2010; Atlanta, GA.
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the publisher, the editors, the University of Illinois at Chicago, the American Cancer Society, or the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention.
National Patient Navigator Leadership Summit (NPNLS): Measuring the Impact and Potential of Patient Navigation, Supplement to Cancer.
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2011
- 10The Alberta Cardiac Access Collaborative: improving the cardiac patient journey. Healthcare Q. 2009; 13( special issue): 85-90., .
- 12Use of existing patient-reported outcome (PRO) instruments and their modification: the ISPOR Good Research Practices for Evaluating and Documenting Content Validity for the Use of Existing Instruments and Their Modification PRO Task Force Report. Value Health. 2009; 12: 1075-1083., , , , , .
- 16Psychometric properties of the CAHPS 1.0 survey measures. Consumer Assessment of Health Plans Study. Med Care. 1999; 37( 3 suppl): 22-31., , , et al.
- 20C-Change. Cancer patient navigation overview. Available at: http://www.cancerpatientnavigation.org Accessed November 2, 2010.
- 24Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Health Statistics. 2010. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs Accessed November 2, 2010.
- 25AHRQ. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. Available at: http://www.meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb Accessed November 2, 2010.
- 26AHRQ. CAHPS: surveys and tools to advance patient-centered care. Available at: https://www.cahps.ahrq.gov/default.asp Accessed November 2, 2010.
- 27http://www.rand.org/health/surveys/MOS.adherence.measures.pdf Accessed November 2, 2010.. The Medical Outcomes Study (MOS) Measures of Patient Adherence, 1994. Available at:
- 30AHRQ. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. Available at: http://www.meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb Accessed November 10, 2010
- 32Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cancer Prevention and Control, 2010. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/survivorship/what_cdc_is_doing/brfss.htm Accessed November 2, 2010.
- 36Psychometric development and validation of a Patient Satisfaction with Interpersonal Relationship with Navigator (PSN-I) measure: a multi-site National Cancer Institute sponsored Patient Navigation Research Program study. Paper presented at: 3rd Annual Conference of the American Association for Cancer Research, Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved; September 30-October 3, 2010; Miami, FL., , , et al.
- 38https://www.cahps.ahrq.gov/content/community/events/UGM12/Frentzel_Elizabeth_CAHPST1-S1.pdf Accessed November 2, 2010., , , . Developing and testing a patient experience survey for cancer. Available at:
- 43Perspectives on health behavior theories that focus on individuals. In: GlanzK, RimerBK, ViswanathK, eds. Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice. 4th ed. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 2008: 149-165., .
- 47Manual of the Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy (FACIT) Scales, version 4. Evanston, IL: Center on Outcomes Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University; 1997..
- 48http://cahps.ahrq.gov/content/products/pdf/CC_Item_Set_Presentation_5_20_10.pdf Accessed November 2, 2010.. Assessing cultural competency from the patient's perspective: the CAHPS cultural competency (CC) item set. Available at:
- 49Development and validation of a scale to measure patient percieved similarity to their navigator. Paper presented at: 3rd Annual Conference of the American Association for Cancer Research, Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved; September 30-October 3, 2010; Miami, FL., , , .