Fax: (713) 563-2331
Crafting a policy-relevant research agenda for patient navigation in cancer care
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Supplement: National Patient Navigation Leadership Summit (NPNLS): Measuring the Impact and Potential of Patient Navigation, Supplement to Cancer
Volume 117, Issue Supplement 15, pages 3563–3572, 1 August 2011
How to Cite
Guadagnolo, B. A., Dohan, D. and Raich, P. (2011), Metrics for evaluating patient navigation during cancer diagnosis and treatment. Cancer, 117: 3563–3572. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26269
The articles in this supplement are based on presentations at the “National Patient Navigator Leadership Summit”; March 23-24, 2010; Atlanta, GA.
The opinions or views expressed in this supplement are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or recommendations of the publisher, the editors, the University of Illinois at Chicago, the American Cancer Society, or the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention.
National Patient Navigator Leadership Summit (NPNLS): Measuring the Impact and Potential of Patient Navigation, Supplement to Cancer.
- Issue online: 20 JUL 2011
- Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 20 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 24 FEB 2011
- 2Unequal treatment: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in health care. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2003., , .
- 7Racial and ethnic disparities in diagnosis and treatment: a review of the evidence and consideration of causes. In: SmedleyB, SmithA, NelsonA, eds. Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2003: 415-454..
- 12America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009, HR 3200, 111th Cong (2009-2010).
- 21Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program publications: Overview of the program management chapter of the NBCCEDP policies and procedures manual. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/publications/nbccedp.htm Accessed May 24, 2010.
- 22Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program: screening program data. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/data/ Accessed May 24, 2010.
- 27Establishing a patient navigator program to reduce cancer disparities in the American Indian communities of western South Dakota: initial observations and results. Cancer Control. 2008; 15: 254-259., , , et al.
- 29The relationship between patient co-morbidities and perceived barriers in a group of underserved patients with cancer or at risk for cancer. Poster presented at: 30th Annual Meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine; April 22-25, 2009; Montreal, Canada., , , et al.
- 44Cancer care quality measures: diagnosis and treatment of colorectal cancer. Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep). 2006; 138: 1-116., , , et al.
- 50Radiation treatment interruptions greater than one week and low hemoglobin levels (12 g/dL) are predictors of local regional failure after definitive concurrent chemotherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Am J Clin Oncol. 2009; 32: 587-591., , , et al.
- 53American Academy of Family Physicians. Joint principles of a patient-centered medical home released by organizations representing more than 300,000 physicians. Available at: http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/media/releases/2007/20070305pressrelease0.html Accessed June 3, 2010.