Fax: (734) 763-7370
Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 2, pages 333–341, 15 January 2012
How to Cite
Jagsi, R., Abrahamse, P., Hawley, S. T., Graff, J. J., Hamilton, A. S. and Katz, S. J. (2012), Underascertainment of radiotherapy receipt in Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results registry data. Cancer, 118: 333–341. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26295
Presented in preliminary form at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, Health Services Research Oral Presentation Session, June 7, 2010; Chicago, IL.
We thank our project staff: Barbara Salem, MS, MSW and Ashley Gay, BA (University of Michigan); Ain Boone, BA, Cathey Boyer, MSA, and Deborah Wilson, BA (Wayne State University); and Alma Acosta, Mary Lo, MS, Norma Caldera, Marlene Caldera, Maria Isabel Gaeta, and Meryl Leventhal (University of Southern California). (All of these individuals received compensation for their assistance.) We also thank the breast cancer patients who responded to our survey.
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 22 FEB 2011
- Manuscript Received: 14 JAN 2011
- 1National Cancer Institute. Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results. About SEER. Available at: http://seer.cancer. gov/about/. Accessed on July 30, 2010.
- 5SEER Program Coding and Staging Manual 2010. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/manuals/2010/SPCSM_2010_maindoc. pdf Accessed February 11, 2011.
- 14AJCC Cancer Staging Manual (ed 6). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Raven Publishers; 2002., , , et al.
- 15Research With Hispanic Populations. Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications; 1991., .
- 16Mail and Telephone Surveys: The Total Design Method. New York, NY: John Wiley and Sons; 1997.:
- 18Studying radiation therapy using SEER-Medicare linked data. Med Care. 2002; 40( 8 suppl): IV-49-IV-54., , , et al.
- 21North American Association of Central Cancer Registries. Certification Criteria. Available at: http://www.naaccr.org/Certification/Criteria.aspx. Accessed on February 10, 2011.
- 27Thornton M, ed. Standards for Cancer Registries, Volume II: Data Standards and Data Dictionary, Record Layout Version 12.1. 15th ed. Springfield, IL: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries; 2010.