Fax: (011) 34-973-705-304
Exemestane versus anastrozole as front-line endocrine therapy in postmenopausal patients with hormone receptor-positive, advanced breast cancer†
Final results from the Spanish Breast Cancer Group 2001-03 phase 2 randomized trial
Article first published online: 29 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 1, pages 241–247, 1 January 2012
How to Cite
Llombart-Cussac, A., Ruiz, A., Antón, A., Barnadas, A., Antolín, S., Alés-Martínez, J. E., Álvarez, I., Andrés, R., García Saenz, J. A., Lao, J., Carrasco, E., Cámara, C., Casas, I. and Martín, M. (2012), Exemestane versus anastrozole as front-line endocrine therapy in postmenopausal patients with hormone receptor-positive, advanced breast cancer. Cancer, 118: 241–247. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26299
We thank Dr. Arrate Plazaola from the Onkologikoa, Dr. Antonio Galán from the Puerto Real Hospital, Dr. Jesús Florián from the Barbastro Hospital, Dr. Monserrat Boleda from the Sant Camil Hospital, and Dr. Ricardo Cubedo from the Puerta de Hierro Hospital for their valuable support in the inclusion of patients in this study.
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 29 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 APR 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 15 APR 2011
- Manuscript Received: 23 DEC 2010
- 8New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216., , , et al.
- 10National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services. Common Toxicity Criteria Manual, version 2.0. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 1999.
- 142010; San Antonio, Tex. Abstract S1-1., , , et al. Final analysis of NCIC CTG MA. 27: a randomized phase III trial of exemestane versus anastrozole in postmenopausal women with hormone receptor positive primary breast cancer [abstract]. Paper presented at: 33rd Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 8-12,
- 17Double-blind, randomized placebo controlled trial of fulvestrant compared with exemestane after prior nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitor therapy in postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive, advanced breast cancer: results from EFECT. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 1664-1670., , , et al.