Fax: (650) 725-8231
Cost-effectiveness of modern radiotherapy techniques in locally advanced pancreatic cancer
Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 4, pages 1119–1129, 15 February 2012
How to Cite
Murphy, J. D., Chang, D. T., Abelson, J., Daly, M. E., Yeung, H. N., Nelson, L. M. and Koong, A. C. (2012), Cost-effectiveness of modern radiotherapy techniques in locally advanced pancreatic cancer. Cancer, 118: 1119–1129. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26365
- Issue online: 3 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Received: 19 NOV 2010
- 1A multi-institutional comparative trial of radiation therapy alone and in combination with 5-fluorouracil for locally unresectable pancreatic carcinoma. The Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. Ann Surg. 1979; 189: 205-208.
- 2Therapy of locally unresectable pancreatic carcinoma: a randomized comparison of high dose (6000 rads) radiation alone, moderate dose radiation (4000 rads + 5-fluorouracil), and high dose radiation + 5-fluorouracil: the Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. Cancer. 1981; 48: 1705-1710., , , et al.
- 5A randomized phase III study of gemcitabine in combination with radiation therapy versus gemcitabine alone in patients with localized, unresectable pancreatic cancer: E4201 [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26( May 20 suppl). Abstract 4506., , , et al.
- 10Phase III trial comparing intensive induction chemoradiotherapy (60 Gy, infusional 5-FU and intermittent cisplatin) followed by maintenance gemcitabine with gemcitabine alone for locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer. Definitive results of the 2000–01 FFCD/SFRO study. Ann Oncol. 2008; 19: 1592-1599., , , et al.
- 11A randomized phase III study of radiotherapy alone or with 5-fluorouracil and mitomycin-C in patients with locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group study E8282. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 62: 1345-1350., , , et al.
- 12United States life tables, 2005. National Vital Statistics Reports. Vol 58, no. 10. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Health Statistics; 2010., , .
- 14A cost-minimization analysis of alternative strategies in diagnosing pancreatic cancer. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004; 99: 2223-2234., , , .Direct Link:
- 18Oxaliplatin/folinic acid/5-fluorouracil [24h] (OFF) plus best supportive care versus best supportive care alone (BSC) in second-line therapy of gemcitabine-refractory advanced pancreatic cancer (CONKO 003). 2005 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2005: 23( 16S; pt I of II; June 1 suppl). Abstract 4031., , , et al.
- 20Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence—SEER 17 Regs Limited-Use and Hurricane Katrina Impacted Louisiana Cases, November 2008 Submission (1973-2006 varying)—Linked To County Attributes, Total US, 1969-2006 Counties. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch; released April 2009, based on the November 2008 submission. http://www.seer.cancer.gov. [Access date March 13, 2010.]
- 24National Statistics on All Stays 2007. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) from the US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Washington, DC: AHRQ; 2007.http://hcupnet.ahrq.gov/. [Access date February 7, 2010.]
- 29Is it cost-effective to add erlotinib to gemcitabine in advanced pancreatic cancer? 2006 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24( 18S; June 20 suppl). Abstract 6048., , , .