Fax: (011) 6568802240
Cost-effectiveness of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation testing and first-line treatment with gefitinib for patients with advanced adenocarcinoma of the lung
Article first published online: 26 JUL 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 4, pages 1032–1039, 15 February 2012
How to Cite
de Lima Lopes, G., Segel, J. E., Tan, D. S. W., Do, Y. K., Mok, T. and Finkelstein, E. A. (2012), Cost-effectiveness of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation testing and first-line treatment with gefitinib for patients with advanced adenocarcinoma of the lung. Cancer, 118: 1032–1039. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26372
- Issue published online: 3 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 26 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 1 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 23 APR 2011
- 1International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Health Organization. Lung cancer incidence and mortality worldwide, 2008. Available at: http://globocan.iarc.fr/ Accessed September 9, 2010.
- 4NSCLC Meta-Analyses Collaborative Group. Chemotherapy in addition to supportive care improves survival in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data from 16 randomized controlled trials. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 4617-4625.
- 7Gefitinib plus best supportive care in previously treated patients with refractory advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a randomised, placebo-controlled, multicentre study (Iressa Survival Evaluation in Lung Cancer). Lancet. 2005; 366: 1527-1537., , , et al.
- 10Comparison of gefitinib and docetaxel in patients with pretreated advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): meta-analysis from 4 clinical trials [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27( 15 suppl). Abstract 8011., , .
- 13A randomized phase III study of gefitinib (IRESSATM) versus standard chemotherapy (gemcitabine plus cisplatin) as a first-line treatment for never-smokers with advanced or metastatic adenocarcinoma of the lung [abstract]. J Thorac Oncol. 2009; 9( suppl 1). Abstract PRS4., , , et al.
- 15American Society of Clinical Oncology provisional clinical opinion: epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation testing for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer considering first-line EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy. J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 2121-2127., , , et al.
- 17The Liverpool Reviews and Implementation Group. ERG report: erlotinib for the treatment of relapsed non-small cell lung cancer, 2006. Available at: http://www.hta.ac.uk/erg/reports/1640.pdf Accessed December 13, 2010.