David Khayat is Honorary President of the French National Cancer Institute.
Innovative cancer therapies†
Putting costs into context
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 9, pages 2367–2371, 1 May 2012
How to Cite
Khayat, D. (2012), Innovative cancer therapies. Cancer, 118: 2367–2371. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26496
I acknowledge Julie Adkins and Lee Baker from Prism Ideas Ltd. for medical writing assistance.
- Issue published online: 20 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 13 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAY 2011
- 1Comparator Report on Patient Access to Cancer Drugs in Europe. Stockholm, Sweden: The Karolinska Institute; 2009. Available at: http://vocuspr.com/vocuseu/Newsroom/ViewAttachment.aspx?SiteName=ESMO&Entity=PRAsset&AttachmentType=F&EntityID=103275&AttachmentID=f60eb64a-e480-48ec-a5ca-b5c9163d3b70. Accessed October 24, 2010., , .
- 10French National Cancer Institute (INCa). [Economic Analysis of the Cost of Cancer in France—Impact of the Quality of Life, Prevention, Screening, Care, and Research.] Boulogne-Billancourt, France: INCa; 2007.
- 11Interministerial Mission for the Fight Against Cancer. Plan Cancer 2003-2007. Paris, France: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Research; 2003. Available at: http://www.sante.gouv.fr/htm/dossiers/cancer/plaquette_cancer.pdf. [Accessed July 11, 2011.]
- 12Priority Medicines for Europe and the World. HO/EDM/PAR/2004.7. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, Department of Essential Drugs and Medicines Policy; 2004. Available at: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/hq/2004/WHO_EDM_PAR_2004.7.pdf. [Accessed July 8, 2011]., .
- 13A global comparison regarding patient access to cancer drugs. Ann Oncol. 2007; 18( suppl 3): iii1-iii77., .
- 15Cost of thirty long-term diseases for beneficiaries of the French general health insurance scheme in 2004 [article in French]. Prat Organ Soins. 2006; 37: 257-283., , , et al.
- 22Updated results of the combined analysis of NCCTG N9831 and NSABP B-31 adjuvant chemotherapy with/without trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive breast cancer. 2007 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25( 18S). Abstract 512., , , et al.
- 24Rituximab maintenance improves clinical outcome of relapsed/resistant follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma in patients both with and without rituximab during induction: results of a prospective randomized phase 3 intergroup trial. Blood. 2006; 108: 3295-3301., , , et al.
- 26First-line treatment with fludarabine (F), cyclophosphamide (C), and rituximab (R) (FCR) improves overall survival (OS) in previously untreated patients (pts) with advanced chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL): results of a randomized phase III trial on behalf of an international group of investigators and the German CLL Study Group. 2009 ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts [abstract]. Blood. 2009; 114. Abstract 535., , , et al.
- 27Bendamustine, vincristine and prednisone (BOP) versus cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone (COP) in advanced indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma: results of a randomised phase III trial (OSHO 19). J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2006; 132: 105-112., , , et al.