Fax: (206) 288-7567
Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 9, pages 2411–2419, 1 May 2012
How to Cite
Fang, M., Storer, B., Wood, B., Gyurkocza, B., Sandmaier, B. M. and Appelbaum, F. R. (2012), Prognostic impact of discordant results from cytogenetics and flow cytometry in patients with acute myeloid leukemia undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation. Cancer, 118: 2411–2419. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26539
We thank Gary Schoch, a clinical research database manager from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and Stacie Thomas (secretary) and Lisa Zhang (clinical technologist) from the Cytogenetics Laboratory of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance for their help with data collection.
M.F. and F.R.A. conceptualized the project. M.F. and B.W. collected and reviewed all the data. B.G. and B.M.S. collected nonmyeloablative data. M.F. and B.S. analyzed the data. All authors contributed to writing and editing the article.
- Issue online: 20 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 27 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUN 2011
- 4Pretreatment cytogenetic abnormalities are predictive of induction success, cumulative incidence of relapse, and overall survival in adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB 8461). Blood. 2002; 100: 4325-4336., , , et al.
- 5Abnormal cytogenetics at date of morphologic complete remission predicts short overall and disease-free survival, and higher relapse rate in adult acute myeloid leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 8461. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 2410-2418., , , et al.
- 16Shaffer LG, Slovak ML, Campbell LJ, eds. An International System for Human Cytogenetic Nomenclature. Unionville, CT: S. Karger Publishers, Inc.; 2009.
- 17An International System for Human Cytogenetic Nomenclature. Unionville, CT: S. Karger Publishers, Inc, 2005., .
- 21Evaluation of complete disease remission in acute myeloid leukemia: a prospective study based on cytomorphology, interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization, and immunophenotyping during follow-up in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer. 2006; 106: 839-847., , , , , .