The first two authors contributed equally to this article.
Failure patterns in patients with esophageal cancer treated with definitive chemoradiation†
Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 10, pages 2632–2640, 15 May 2012
How to Cite
Welsh, J., Settle, S. H., Amini, A., Xiao, L., Suzuki, A., Hayashi, Y., Hofstetter, W., Komaki, R., Liao, Z. and Ajani, J. A. (2012), Failure patterns in patients with esophageal cancer treated with definitive chemoradiation. Cancer, 118: 2632–2640. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26586
This article is dedicated to the memory of a dear patient, Margaret Hollinshead Ley, who taught us the importance of living life to the fullest and reminded us that behind every data point lies a human being and a family who also suffer from their diagnosis.
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 21 APR 2011
- 10Effect of preoperative concurrent chemoradiotherapy on survival of patients with resectable esophageal or esophagogastric junction cancer: results from a multicenter randomized phase III study [abstract 4004]. J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28( suppl): 15s., , , et al.
- 13http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed August 2011., , , et al. National Comprehensive Cancer Network Clinical Pratice Guidelines in Oncology. Available at:
- 22Esophageal cancer dose escalation using a simultaneous integrated boost technique [published online ahead of print November 29, 2010]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2010.10.023., , , et al.
- 23Intensity modulated proton therapy allows dose escalation and normal-tissue sparing in locally advanced distal esophageal tumors [published online ahead of print April 4, 2011]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2010.07.2001., , , et al.
- 25Phase 2 study of high-dose proton therapy with concurrent chemotherapy for unresectable stage III nonsmall cell lung cancer [published online ahead of print March 22, 2011]. Cancer. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26080., , , et al.