Fax: (734) 232-2400
Understanding fragmentation of prostate cancer survivorship care
Implications for cost and quality
Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 11, pages 2837–2845, 1 June 2012
How to Cite
Skolarus, T. A., Zhang, Y. and Hollenbeck, B. K. (2012), Understanding fragmentation of prostate cancer survivorship care. Cancer, 118: 2837–2845. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26601
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 16 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 10 MAY 2011
- 1Integrated delivery systems: the cure for fragmentation. Am J Manag Care. 2009; 15( suppl 10): S284-S290..
- 3Organizing the U.S. Health Care Delivery System for High Performance, The Commonwealth Fund, August 2008., , , et al.
- 4The North Dakota Experience: Achieving High-Performance Health Care Through Rural Innovation and Cooperation, The Commonwealth Fund, May 2008., , , et al.
- 9Costs and benefits of health information technology. Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep). 2006;( 132): 1-71., , .
- 12American College of Physicians. Patient-Centered Medical Home. Available at: http://www.acponline.org/running_practice/pcmh/. Accessed December 10, 2009.
- 13Altekruse SF, Kosary CL, Krapcho M, et al, eds. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2007. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, based on November 2009 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER Web site, 2010. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2007/. Accessed February 8, 2010.
- 17Ensuring Quality Cancer Care. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1999., .
- 18Overview of the SEER-Medicare data: content, research applications, and generalizability to the United States elderly population. Med Care. 2002; 40( suppl 8): IV-3-18., , , , .
- 20Estimating health care costs related to cancer treatment from SEER-Medicare data. Med Care. 2002; 40( suppl 8): IV-104-17., , , .
- 25Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Hospital Wage Index and Geographic Adjustment Factor. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/AcuteinpatientPPS/WIFN/list.asp?listpage=2. Accessed July 20, 2009.
- 26Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicare Economic Index. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/MedicareProgramRatesStats/downloads/mktbskt-economic-index.pdf. Accessed July 20, 2009.
- 27Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2006 Physician Fee Schedule Review. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/PhysicianFeeSched/. Accessed August 20, 2009.
- 35Hewitt M, Greenfield S, Stovall E, eds; Institute of Medicine and National Research Council of the National Academies. From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2005.
- 36President's Cancer Panel. 2003–2004 Annual Report. Living Beyond Cancer: Finding a New Balance. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute; 2004.