Predicting the risk of chemotherapy toxicity in older patients: The Chemotherapy Risk Assessment Scale for High-Age Patients (CRASH) score†
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 13, pages 3377–3386, 1 July 2012
How to Cite
Extermann, M., Boler, I., Reich, R. R., Lyman, G. H., Brown, R. H., DeFelice, J., Levine, R. M., Lubiner, E. T., Reyes, P., Schreiber, F. J. and Balducci, L. (2012), Predicting the risk of chemotherapy toxicity in older patients: The Chemotherapy Risk Assessment Scale for High-Age Patients (CRASH) score. Cancer, 118: 3377–3386. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26646
We thank Anna Davis, Jyoti Dubey, Tammy Green, and Ellie O'Neil, for their support in creating and managing the study database.
- Issue published online: 18 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 13 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 AUG 2011
- 6Risk and timing of neutropenic events in adult cancer patients receiving chemotherapy: the results of a prospective nationwide study of oncology practice. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2008; 6: 109-118., , , et al.
- 13Analysis of age, estimated creatinine clearance and pretreatment hematologic parameters as predictors of fludarabine toxicity in patients treated for chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a CALGB coordinated intergroup study. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2002; 50: 37-45., , , et al.
- 20Appraisal of methods for the study of chemotherapy in man: comparative therapeutic trial of nitrogen mustard and triethylene thiophosphoramide. J Chron Dis. 1960; 11: 7-33., , , et al.
- 22Mini Nutritional Assessment: a practical assessment tool for grading nutritional state of elderly patients. In: Vellas BJ, Guigoz Y, Garry PJ, Albarede JL, eds. Facts Research and Intervention in Geriatrics. 3rd ed. New York: Serdi Publishing Company; 1997: 15-60., , .
- 24Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS). Recent evidence and development of a shorter version. Clin Gerontol. 1986; 5( 1/2): 165-171., .
- 25Applied Logistic Regression. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 2000., .
- 28The impact of polypharmacy on toxicity from chemotherapy in elderly patients: focus on cytochrome P-450 inhibition and protein binding effects [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26( 15S). Abstract 9505., , , .
- 30Chemotherapy dose adjustment after severe toxicity in older cancer patients [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26(May 20 suppl). Abstract 9627., .