Fax: (404) 778-3366
A phase 1 dose escalation study of bortezomib combined with rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, modified vincristine, and prednisone for untreated follicular lymphoma and other low-grade B-cell lymphomas†
Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 14, pages 3538–3548, 15 July 2012
How to Cite
Sinha, R., Kaufman, J. L., Khoury, H. J., King, N., Shenoy, P. J., Lewis, C., Bumpers, K., Hutchison-Rzepka, A., Tighiouart, M., Heffner, L. T., Lechowicz, M. J., Lonial, S. and Flowers, C. R. (2012), A phase 1 dose escalation study of bortezomib combined with rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, modified vincristine, and prednisone for untreated follicular lymphoma and other low-grade B-cell lymphomas. Cancer, 118: 3538–3548. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26660
S. Lonial, R. Sinha, J. L. Kaufman, H. J. Khoury, Jr., M. J. Lechowicz, L. T. Heffner, M. Tighiouart, and C. R. Flowers conceived and designed the study; R. Sinha, P. J. Shenoy, C. Lewis, N. King, A. Hutchison-Rzepka, K. Bumpers, M. Tighiouart, and C. R. Flowers were responsible for data collection and assembly; R. Sinha, P. J. Shenoy, A. Hutchinson-Rzepka, K. Bumpers, J. L. Kaufman, H. J. Khoury, Jr., S. Lonial, M. J. Lechowicz, L. T. Heffner, M. Tighiouart, and C. R. Flowers were responsible for data analysis and interpretation; and R. Sinha, P. J. Shenoy, J. L. Kaufman, H. J. Khoury, Jr., M. J. Lechowicz, M. Tighiouart, and C. R. Flowers wrote the article.
- Issue published online: 2 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 6 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 5 JUL 2011
- 3Frontline therapy with rituximab added to the combination of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) significantly improves the outcome for patients with advanced-stage follicular lymphoma compared with therapy with CHOP alone: results of a prospective randomized study of the German Low-Grade Lymphoma Study Group. Blood. 2005; 106: 3725-3732., , , et al.
- 5Determining the benefits of chemotherapy for achieving complete response in patients with untreated advanced stage follicular lymphoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis [abstract]. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2005; 106. Abstract 290., , , .
- 18Efficacy and toxicity of 2 schedules of frontline rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone plus bortezomib in patients with B-cell lymphoma: a randomized phase 2 trial from the French Adult Lymphoma Study Group (GELA). Cancer. 2009; 115: 4540-4546., , , et al.
- 23Psychometric evaluation of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy/Gynecologic Oncology Group—Neurotoxicity (Fact/GOG-Ntx) questionnaire for patients receiving systemic chemotherapy. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2003; 13: 741-748., , , et al.
- 27Bayesian Methods for Cancer Phase I Clinical Trials. New York: Marcel Dekker; 2004., .
- 30Bendamustine plus rituximab versus fludarabine plus rituximab in patients with relapsed follicular, indolent and mantle cell lymphomas—final results of the randomized phase III study NHL 2-2003 on behalf of the StiL (Study Group Indolent Lymphomas, Germany) [abstract]. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2010; 116. Abstract 856., , , et al.
- 32National Cancer Institute. Bendamustine hydrochloride and rituximab with or without bortezomib followed by rituximab with or without lenalidomide in treating patients with high-risk stage II, stage III, or stage IV follicular lymphoma. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2010. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?version=patient&cdrid=683312. Accessed May 25, 2011.
- 33Phase I/II trial of bortezomib + CHOP-rituximab in diffuse large B cell (DLBCL) and mantle cell lymphoma (MCL): phase I results [abstract]. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2005; 106. Abstract 491., , , et al.
- 43Maximizing therapeutic benefit of rituximab: maintenance therapy versus re-treatment at progression in patients with indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma—a randomized phase II trial of the Minnie Pearl Cancer Res. Network. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 1088-1095., , , , , .