Fax: (011) 44 113 206 8474
Accelerated methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (AMVAC) as neoadjuvant chemotherapy for patients with muscle-invasive transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder†
Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 16, pages 3920–3927, 15 August 2012
How to Cite
Blick, C., Hall, P., Pwint, T., Al-Terkait, F., Crew, J., Powles, T., Macaulay, V., Munro, N., Douglas, D., Kilbey, N., Protheroe, A. and Chester, J. D. (2012), Accelerated methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (AMVAC) as neoadjuvant chemotherapy for patients with muscle-invasive transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. Cancer, 118: 3920–3927. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26675
The authors gratefully acknowledge Dr Rob Jones and Dr Simon Chowdhury for critical reading of the manuscript, and Ms Karen Brady for expert secretarial assistance.
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 24 FEB 2011
- 1SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2007. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2010. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2007/ Accessed on October 26, 2011., , , et al.
- 3Bladder and upper tract urothelial cancer. In: Litwin MS, Saigal CS, eds. Urologic Diseases in America. Bethesda, MD: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; 2007: 223-280., , .
- 9Advanced Bladder Cancer (ABC) Meta-analysis Collaboration. Adjuvant chemotherapy in invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data Advanced Bladder Cancer (ABC) Meta-analysis Collaboration. Eur Urol. 2005; 48: 189-199.
- 11Advanced Bladder Cancer (ABC) Meta-analysis Collaboration. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in invasive bladder cancer: update of a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data advanced bladder cancer (ABC) meta-analysis collaboration. Eur Urol. 2005; 48: 202-205.
- 13International Collaboration of Trialists; Medical Research Council Advanced Bladder Cancer Working Party (now the National Cancer Research Institute Bladder Cancer Clinical Studies Group); European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Genito-Urinary Tract Cancer Group; Australian Bladder Cancer Study Group; National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group; Finnbladder; Norwegian Bladder Cancer Study Group; Club Urologico Espanol de Tratamiento Oncologico Group. International phase III trial assessing neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate, and vinblastine chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: long-term results of the BA06 30984 trial. J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 2171-2177., , , , ;
- 19European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Genitourinary Tract Cancer Cooperative Group. Randomized phase III trial of high-dose-intensity methotrexate, vinblastine, doxorubicin, and cisplatin (MVAC) chemotherapy and recombinant human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor versus classic MVAC in advanced urothelial tract tumors: European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Protocol no. 30924. J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 2638-2646., , , et al;
- 25Genitourinary Cancer Disease Site Group, Cancer Care Ontario Program in Evidence-based Care Practice Guidelines Initiative. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Urol. 2004; 171: 561-569., , , , ;