Fax: (774) 441-6212
An analysis of more than a half million adults in the National Institutes of Health-AARP Diet and Health Study
Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 14, pages 3636–3644, 15 July 2012
How to Cite
Doubeni, C. A., Laiyemo, A. O., Major, J. M., Schootman, M., Lian, M., Park, Y., Graubard, B. I., Hollenbeck, A. R. and Sinha, R. (2012), Socioeconomic status and the risk of colorectal cancer. Cancer, 118: 3636–3644. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26677
C.A.D. conceptualized, designed, and performed the analyses and was responsible for writing the article. A.O.L., J.M.M., M.S., and R.S. participated in the conceptualization, design, and interpretation of the data. M.L. participated in the conceptualization. Y.P. and A.R.H. guided study design and interpretation of findings. B.I.G. participated in conceptualization, analysis, and interpretation of findings.
Cancer incidence data from the Atlanta metropolitan area were collected by the Georgia Center for Cancer Statistics, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University. Cancer incidence data from California were collected by the California Department of Health Services, Cancer Surveillance Section. Cancer incidence data from the Detroit metropolitan area were collected by the Michigan Cancer Surveillance Program, Community Health Administration, State of Michigan. The Florida cancer incidence data used in this report were collected by the Florida Cancer Data System under contract with the Florida Department of Health. The views expressed herein are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Florida Cancer Data System or Florida Department of Health. Cancer incidence data from Louisiana were collected by the Louisiana Tumor Registry, Louisiana State University Medical Center in New Orleans. Cancer incidence data from New Jersey were collected by the New Jersey State Cancer Registry, Cancer Epidemiology Services, New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services. Cancer incidence data from North Carolina were collected by the North Carolina Central Cancer Registry. Cancer incidence data from Pennsylvania were supplied by the Division of Health Statistics and Research, Pennsylvania Department of Health, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Department of Health specifically disclaims responsibility for any analyses, interpretations, or conclusions. Cancer incidence data from Arizona were collected by the Arizona Cancer Registry, Division of Public Health Services, Arizona Department of Health Services. Cancer incidence data from Texas were collected by the Texas Cancer Registry, Cancer Epidemiology and Surveillance Branch, Texas Department of State Health Services.
Fax: (774) 441-6212
- Issue published online: 2 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 3 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 19 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 2 AUG 2011
Vol. 119, Issue 2, 467–469, Article first published online: 26 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!