Fax: (011) 82-2-392-8133
Variations in pain management outcomes among palliative care centers and the impact of organizational factors†
Article first published online: 8 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 22, pages 5688–5697, 15 November 2012
How to Cite
Shin, D. W., Hwang, S. S., Oh, J., Kim, J. H., Park, J. H., Cho, J., Cho, B., Jung, K. T. and Park, E.-C. (2012), Variations in pain management outcomes among palliative care centers and the impact of organizational factors. Cancer, 118: 5688–5697. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26722
The following 34 institutions (in alphabetical order) participated in this study and helped with data collection: Busan St. Mary's Medical Center, Calvary Clinic, Catholic University of Korea St. Paul's Hospital, Changwon Fatima Hospital, Chinnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Chunbuk National University Hospital, Chungnam National University Hospital, Daegu Fatima Hospital, Daegu Medical Center, Daegu Veterans Hospital, Emmaus Charity Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Jeon Jin Sang Clinic, Keimyung University Dongsan Hospital, Korea University Guro Hospital, Kwangju Chistian Hospital, Mohyun Hospice, Mokpo Jung Ang Hospital, NamWon Medical Center, National Health Insurance Corporation Ilsan Hospital, Saemmul Hospice Mission, SAM Medical Center, Seobuk Hospital, Seoul National University Hospital, St. Carollo Hospital, St. Isidore Hospice, St. John of God Hospital, Suwon Christian Hospice Mission, The Catholic University of Korea, Bucheon St. Mary's Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea-Daejeon St. Mary's Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea-Seoul St. Mary's Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea-St. Vincent's Hospital, and Yeungnam University Medical Center.
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 8 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 27 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 30 SEP 2011
- 11Ministry of Health and Welfare. Cancer Control 2015: The Second Term Cancer Control Plan in Korea. Seoul, Korea: Ministry of Health and Welfare; 2005.
- 12National Cancer Center. The Korean Standard of Hospice and Palliative Care. Goyang, Korea: National Cancer Center; 2003.
- 13The current status of utilization of palliative care units in Korea: 6 month results of 2009 Korean Terminal Cancer Patient Information System. Korean J Hosp Palliat Care. 2010; 13: 181-189., , , et al.
- 14Ministry of Health and Welfare. Cancer Pain Management Guideline. 4th ed. Seoul, Korea: Ministry of Health and Welfare; 2010.
- 38https://medical.wesrch.com/User_images/Pdf/MS1_1225761426.pdf. Accessed December 5, 2010.. The Nurse's Role in Pain Management. Available at:
- 40Meta-analysis of cultural differences in Western and Asian patient-perceived barriers to managing cancer pain [published online ahead of print April 7, 2011]. Palliat Med. 2011., .
- 43Management of cancer pain in Korea. Eur J Pain. 2007; 8( suppl 1): 6-9..