Fax: (216) 636-0636
A phase 2 trial of combination therapy with thalidomide, arsenic trioxide, dexamethasone, and ascorbic acid (TADA) in patients with overlap myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms (MDS/MPN) or primary myelofibrosis (PMF)†
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2011
Copyright © 2011 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 16, pages 3968–3976, 15 August 2012
How to Cite
Bejanyan, N., Tiu, R. V., Raza, A., Jankowska, A., Kalaycio, M., Advani, A., Chan, J., Saunthararajah, Y., Mooney, L., Maciejewski, J. P. and Sekeres, M. A. (2012), A phase 2 trial of combination therapy with thalidomide, arsenic trioxide, dexamethasone, and ascorbic acid (TADA) in patients with overlap myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms (MDS/MPN) or primary myelofibrosis (PMF). Cancer, 118: 3968–3976. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26741
Presented in part at the 49th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology; December 8-11, 2007; Atlanta, Georgia.
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 16 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 30 AUG 2011
- 1Introduction and overview of the classification of the myeloid neoplasms. In: Swerdlow SH, Campo E, Harris NL, et al. eds. WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2008: 18-30., , , et al.
- 19Concomitant analysis of EZH2 and ASXL1 mutations in myelofibrosis, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia and blast-phase myeloproliferative neoplasms [abstract]. Blood. 2010; 116: 3070., , , et al.
- 27International Working Group for Myelofibrosis Research and Treatment response assessment and long-term follow-up of 50 myelofibrosis patients treated with thalidomide-prednisone based regimens. Am J Hematol. 2011; 86: 96-98., , , et al.
- 39Trisenox (arsenic trioxide) in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS): preliminary findings in a phase II clinical study [abstract]. Blood. 2003; 102: 422a., , , , .
- 41In vitro studies on cellular and molecular mechanisms of arsenic trioxide (As2O3) in the treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia: As2O3 induces NB4 cell apoptosis with downregulation of Bcl-2 expression and modulation of PML-RAR alpha/PML proteins. Blood. 1996; 88: 1052-1061., , , et al.
- 45Jaffe ES, Harris NL, Stein H, Vardiman JW, eds. World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2001.
- 47IWG for Myelofibrosis Research and Treatment (IWG-MRT). International Working Group (IWG) consensus criteria for treatment response in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia, for the IWG for Myelofibrosis Research and Treatment (IWG-MRT). Blood. 2006; 108: 1497-1503., , , et al.
- 48for the Groupe Francais des Myelodysplasies (GFM). A nonrandomised dose-escalating phase II study of thalidomide for the treatment of patients with low-risk myelodysplastic syndromes: the Thal-SMD-2000 trial of the Groupe Francais des Myelodysplasies. Br J Haematol. 2005; 131: 609-618., , , et al.