Fax: (011) 81 6 6981 8055
Ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence (IBTR) in patients with operable breast cancer who undergo breast-conserving treatment after receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy†
Risk factors of IBTR and validation of the MD Anderson Prognostic Index
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 18, pages 4385–4393, 15 September 2012
How to Cite
Ishitobi, M., Ohsumi, S., Inaji, H., Ohno, S., Shigematsu, H., Akiyama, F., Iwase, T., Akashi-Tanaka, S., Sato, N., Takahashi, K. and Oura, S. (2012), Ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence (IBTR) in patients with operable breast cancer who undergo breast-conserving treatment after receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Cancer, 118: 4385–4393. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27377
Presented in part at the 33rd San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 8-12, 2010; San Antonio, TX.
- Issue online: 5 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 1 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 9 AUG 2011
- 13Locoregional recurrence of breast cancer in patients treated with breast conservation surgery and radiotherapy following neoadjuvant chemotherapy [serial online]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 81: e687-e705., , , et al.
- 17Comparison of risk of local-regional recurrence after mastectomy or breast conservation therapy for patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radiation stratified according to a prognostic index score. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 66: 352-357., , , et al.
- 21Prognosis after ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence and locoregional recurrences in patients treated by breast-conserving therapy in 5 National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project protocols of node-negative breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 2466-2473., , , et al.
- 22Edge SB, Byrd DR, Compton CC, Fritz AG, Greene FL, Trotti A, eds. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual and Handbook. 7th ed. New York: Springer, 2010.
- 23Tavassoli FA, Devilee P, eds. World Health Organization: Pathology and Genetics. Tumours of the Breast and Female Genital Organs. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2003.
- 32The effect on tumor response of adding sequential preoperative docetaxel to preoperative doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide: preliminary results from National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Protocol B-27. J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 4165-4174., , , et al.
- 33Doxorubicin with cyclophosphamide followed by docetaxel every 21 days compared with doxorubicin and docetaxel every 14 days as preoperative treatment in operable breast cancer: the GEPARDUO study of the German Breast Group. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 2676-2685., , , et al.