Fax: (734) 936-4940
Pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin monotherapy in patients with recurrent or metastatic head and neck cancer†‡
Final results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 study
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 19, pages 4694–4705, 1 October 2012
How to Cite
Urba, S., van Herpen, C. M. L., Sahoo, T. P., Shin, D. M., Licitra, L., Mezei, K., Reuter, C., Hitt, R., Russo, F., Chang, S.-C., Hossain, A. M., Frimodt-Moller, B., Koustenis, A. and Hong, R.-L. (2012), Pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin monotherapy in patients with recurrent or metastatic head and neck cancer. Cancer, 118: 4694–4705. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27449
Some of the results of this study have been previously disclosed at the European Society for Medical Oncology Congress; October 8-12, 2010; Milan, Italy.
Registry name: ClinicalTrials.gov; registry identifier number: NCT00415194; registry URL: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00415194?term=head+neck+cancer+pemetrexed+cisplatin&rank=1
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 16 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUL 2011
- 5Randomized comparison of cisplatin, methotrexate, bleomycin and vincristine (CABO) versus cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil (CF) versus cisplatin (C) in recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. A phase III study of the EORTC Head and Neck Cancer Cooperative Group. Ann Oncol. 1994; 5: 521-526., , , et al.
- 6Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Phase III randomized trial of cisplatin plus placebo compared with cisplatin plus cetuximab in metastatic/recurrent head and neck cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group study. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 8646-8654., , , , ;
- 18New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216., , , et al.
- 23(ed). Manual of the Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy (FACIT) Measurement System (Version 4.1). Evanston, IL: Center for Outcomes Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University; 2004.
- 25National Cancer Institute. Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events, version 3.0. 2006. Available at: http://ctep.cancer.gov/protocolDevelopment/electronic_applications/docs/ctcaev3.pdf Accessed August 3, 2010.
- 28Regression models and life-tables (with discussion). J R Stat Soc B. 1972; 34: 187-220..