Fax: (713) 563-6940
Effectiveness of radiation for prevention of mastectomy in older breast cancer patients treated with conservative surgery†
Article first published online: 13 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 19, pages 4642–4651, 1 October 2012
How to Cite
Albert, J. M., Pan, I.-W., Shih, Y.-C. T., Jiang, J., Buchholz, T. A., Giordano, S. H. and Smith, B. D. (2012), Effectiveness of radiation for prevention of mastectomy in older breast cancer patients treated with conservative surgery. Cancer, 118: 4642–4651. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27457
This study used the linked Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER)-Medicare database. The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, National Cancer Institute; the Office of Research, Development, and Information, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Information Management Services, Inc.; and the SEER Program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.
Fax: (713) 563-6940
- Issue published online: 19 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 13 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 30 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!