Fax: (011) 49-431-597-4944
Sequential immunochemotherapy with rituximab (R) followed by cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) or R-CHOP is safe and effective in an analysis of 8 patients
Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 19, pages 4715–4724, 1 October 2012
How to Cite
Zimmermann, H., Reinke, P., Neuhaus, R., Lehmkuhl, H., Oertel, S., Atta, J., Planker, M., Gärtner, B., Lenze, D., Anagnostopoulos, I., Riess, H. and Trappe, R. U. (2012), Burkitt post-transplantation lymphoma in adult solid organ transplant recipients. Cancer, 118: 4715–4724. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27482
The German Study Group on Post-Transplantation Lymphoproliferative Disorder is a member of the German Competence Network Malignant Lymphomas.
R.U.T. is the principal investigator, coordinated the research and takes primary responsibility for the article. R.U.T., P.R., R.N., H.L., S.O., J.A., M.P., and H.R. recruited the patients. D.L. performed fluorescence in situ hybridization analyses, I.A. served as reference pathologist. B.G. served as reference virologist. H.Z. and R.U.T. collected the data, performed the analyses, and wrote the article.
- Issue online: 19 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 13 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 28 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JAN 2011
- 2Burkitt lymphoma. In: Swerdlow SH, Campo E, Harris N, et al. eds. WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. 4th ed. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 2008: 262-264., , , , , .
- 4Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders. In: Swerdlow SH, Campo E, Harris NL, et al. eds. WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. 4th ed. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 2008: 343-350., , , .
- 22Sequential treatment with rituximab and CHOP chemotherapy in B-cell PTLD—moving forward to a first standard of care: results from a prospective international multicenter trial [abstract]. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2009; 114. Abstract 100., , , et al.
- 23Salvage chemotherapy for refractory or relapsed post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder in patients after solid organ transplantation with a combination of carboplatin and etoposide. Br J Haematol. 2003; 123: 830-835., , , et al.
- 24Plasmacytoma-like post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder, a rare subtype of monomorphic B-cell post-transplant lymphoproliferation, is associated with a favorable outcome in localized as well as in advanced disease: a prospective analysis of 8 cases. Haematologica. 2011; 96: 1067-1071., , , et al.
- 25Plasmablastic posttransplant lymphoma: cytogenetic aberrations and lack of Epstein-Barr virus association linked with poor outcome in the prospective German Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder Registry [published online ahead of print January 9, 2012]. Transplantation. 2012., , , et al.
- 29Novel Treatment of Burkitt lymphoma with dose-adjusted EPOCH-rituximab: preliminary results showing excellent outcome [abstract]. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts). 2006; 108. Abstract 2736., , , et al.