Fax: (718) 904-2892
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 23, pages 5937–5946, 1 December 2012
How to Cite
Sparano, J. A., Wang, M., Zhao, F., Stearns, V., Martino, S., Ligibel, J. A., Perez, E. A., Saphner, T., Wolff, A. C., Sledge, G. W., Wood, W. C., Fetting, J. and Davidson, N. E. (2012), Obesity at diagnosis is associated with inferior outcomes in hormone receptor-positive operable breast cancer. Cancer, 118: 5937–5946. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27527
The first author, as the principal investigator, participated in all phases of this analysis, interpretation, and article preparation. All coauthors participated in data interpretation. The study biostatisticians (second and third authors) conducted all analyses. Coauthors reviewed the article contents and approved the submission version.
Presented in part at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 10, 2010; San Antonio, TX.
- Issue published online: 19 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 15 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 DEC 2011
- 21A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk. J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509., .
- 25The effect of body mass index on overall and disease-free survival in node-positive breast cancer patients treated with docetaxel and doxorubicin-containing adjuvant chemotherapy: the experience of the BIG 02-98 trial. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010; 119: 145-153., , , et al.
- 28Gene expression profiling of phenotypically-defined hormone-receptor positive breast cancer: evidence for increased transcriptional activity of the insulin growth factor receptor pathway and other pathways [abstract]. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009. Abstract 5165., , , et al.
- 33Gruppo Italiano Mammella (GIM). Effects of body mass index (BMI) on plasma levels of estrone sulfate (ES) in postmenopausal women with breast cancer (BC) during letrozole (L) treatment [abstract]. ASCO Meeting Abstracts. 2011; Vol. 29, No 15_suppl (May 20 Supplement): Abstract 515., , , et al and
- 34Do obese women benefit less from adjuvant endocrine therapy with aromatase inhibitors? Preliminary analysis on the association of BMI and aromatase inhibitor plasma levels [abstract]. ASCO Meeting Abstracts. 2011; Vol 29, No 15_suppl (May 20 Supplement), 2011: e11118., , , et al.