Fax: (801) 585-0900
Limitations in health care access and utilization among long-term survivors of adolescent and young adult cancer
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 23, pages 5964–5972, 1 December 2012
How to Cite
Kirchhoff, A. C., Lyles, C. R., Fluchel, M., Wright, J. and Leisenring, W. (2012), Limitations in health care access and utilization among long-term survivors of adolescent and young adult cancer. Cancer, 118: 5964–5972. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27537
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 12 DEC 2011
- 1National Cancer Institute. A Snapshot of Adolescent and Young Adult Cancers. http://nci.nih.gov/aboutnci/servingpeople/snapshots/AYA.pdf. Updated October 2011.
- 2Canadian Cancer Society Steering Committee. Canadian Cancer Statistics 2009, Special Topic: Cancer in Adolescents and Young Adults. Toronto, Canada: Canadian Cancer Society; 2009.
- 4Cancer Epidemiology in Older Adolescents and Young Adults 15 to 29 Years of Age, Including SEER Incidence and Survival: 1975–2000. NIH Publication No. 06-5767. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2006., , , , editors.
- 11Rite of Passage? Why Young Adults Become Uninsured and How New Policies Can Help, 2009 Update. New York, NY: The Commonwealth Fund; 2009., , , , , .
- 12Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance: Trends in Cost and Access. AHRQ Publication No. 04-0085. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2004..
- 17Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Measuring Healthy Days: Population Assessment of Health-Related Quality of Life. CDC: Atlanta, GA; 2000.
- 18Applied Logistic Regression.2nd ed. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 2000., .
- 19Applied Survey Data Analysis. Boca Raton, FL: Chapman & Hall/CRC; 2010., , .
- 20Economic impact of cancer in the United States. In: Schottenfeld D, Fraumeni JFJr, editors. Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention.3rd edition. New York, NY: Oxford Univ Press; 2006: 202-214., .
- 24Realizing Health Reform's Potential: Will the Affordable Care Act Make Health Insurance Affordable? New York, NY: The Commonwealth Fund; 2011., .
- 26Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System 2009 Summary Data Quality Report. CDC: Atlanta, GA; 2011.
- 28National Cancer Institute. Closing the Gap: Research and Care Imperatives for Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer. Report of the Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Progress Review Group. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2006.