Fax: (011) 852 2255 3939
The use of single-agent sorafenib in the treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma patients with underlying Child-Pugh B liver cirrhosis†‡
A retrospective analysis of efficacy, safety, and survival benefits
Article first published online: 19 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 21, pages 5293–5301, 1 November 2012
How to Cite
Chiu, J., Tang, Y. F., Yao, T.-J., Wong, A., Wong, H., Leung, R., Chan, P., Cheung, T. T., Chan, A. C., Pang, R., Fan, S.-T., Poon, R. and Yau, T. (2012), The use of single-agent sorafenib in the treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma patients with underlying Child-Pugh B liver cirrhosis. Cancer, 118: 5293–5301. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27543
These data were previously presented in part at the 47th Annual American Society of Clinical Oncology Meeting; June 3 to 7, 2011; Chicago, Ill, USA (abstract 4082).
These two authors are co-first authors.
- Issue published online: 19 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 19 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 7 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 SEP 2011
- 3Phase 2 open-label study of single-agent sorafenib in treating advanced hepatocellular carcinoma in a hepatitis B-endemic Asian population: presence of lung metastasis predicts poor response. Cancer. 2009; 115: 428-436., , , et al.
- 4Safety and efficacy of sorafenib in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and Child-Pugh A versus B cirrhosis. Gastrointest Cancer Res. 2011; 4: 40-44., , , et al.
- 13Nexavar® tablets (Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals). In: 2009 Physician's Desk Reference. 63rd edition. Toronto, Canada: Thomson Healthcare; 2009: 784-790.
- 17Efficacy of safety of sorafenib (Sor) in patients (pts) with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC): Subgroup analyses of the SHARP trial by baseline (BL) transaminase (ALT/AST)/alphafetoprotein (AFP) and bilirubin (Bil) levels. In: Proceedings of the 2010 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium; January 22-24, 2010; Orlando, FL. Abstract 129., , , et al.
- 18Global Investigation of Therapeutic Decisions in Hepatocellular Carcinoma and of its Treatment with Sorafenib (GIDEON) second interim analysis in more than 1,500 patients: Clinical findings in patients with liver dysfunction. J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29( suppl; abstr 4001)., , , , , , .