Fax: (646) 888-4555
Standardized uptake value by positron emission tomography/computed tomography as a prognostic variable in metastatic breast cancer†
Version of Record online: 19 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 22, pages 5454–5462, 15 November 2012
How to Cite
Morris, P. G., Ulaner, G. A., Eaton, A., Fazio, M., Jhaveri, K., Patil, S., Evangelista, L., Park, J. Y., Serna-Tamayo, C., Howard, J., Larson, S., Hudis, C. A., McArthur, H. L. and Jochelson, M. S. (2012), Standardized uptake value by positron emission tomography/computed tomography as a prognostic variable in metastatic breast cancer. Cancer, 118: 5454–5462. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27579
Presented in part at the 47th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology; June 3-7, 2011; Chicago, IL and at the 2011 American Society of Clinical Oncology Breast Cancer Symposium; September 8-10, 2011; San Francisco, CA.
- Issue online: 30 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 19 APR 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 DEC 2011
- 1Stewart BW, Kleihues P, eds. World Cancer Report. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2003.
- 7Early F-2-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose positron emission tomography may identify a subset of patients with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer who will not respond optimally to preoperative chemotherapy. Cancer. 2010; 116: 805-813., , , et al.
- 13Primary tumor standardized uptake value measured on fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography is of prognostic value for survival in non-small cell lung cancer: update of a systematic review and meta-analysis by the European Lung Cancer Working Party for the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer Staging Project. J Thorac Oncol. 2010; 5: 612-619., , , et al.
- 16Prognostic significance of baseline positron emission tomography and importance of clinical complete response in patients with esophageal or gastroesophageal junction cancer treated with definitive chemoradiotherapy. Cancer. 2011; 117: 4823-4833., , , et al.
- 18Fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomographic maximal standardized uptake value predicts survival independent of clinical but not pathologic TNM staging of resected non-small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2007; 133: 1419-1427., , , , .
- 22Comparison of triple-negative and estrogen receptor-positive/progesterone receptor-positive/HER2-negative breast carcinoma using quantitative fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose/positron emission tomography imaging parameters: a potentially useful method for disease characterization. Cancer. 2008; 112: 995-1000., , , et al.
- 36Positron emission tomography (PET) with radiolabeled F(ab′)2-trastuzumab fragments in patients (pts) with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC): initial feasibility results: Paper presented at: 2008 ASCO Breast Cancer Symposium; Washington, DC; September 5-7, 2008. Abstract 79., , , et al.
- 37Cu-64-trastuzumab imaging in patients (pts) with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC) receiving trastuzumab (T) therapy: initial results. Paper presented at: 2009 ASCO Breast Cancer Symposium; San Francisco, CA; October 8-10, 2009. Abstract 83., , , et al.