The first 2 authors contributed equally to this work.
Tivantinib (ARQ 197), a selective inhibitor of MET, in patients with microphthalmia transcription factor–associated tumors†‡
Results of a multicenter phase 2 trial
Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 23, pages 5894–5902, 1 December 2012
How to Cite
Wagner, A. J., Goldberg, J. M., DuBois, S. G., Choy, E., Rosen, L., Pappo, A., Geller, J., Judson, I., Hogg, D., Senzer, N., Davis, I. J., Chai, F., Waghorne, C., Schwartz, B. and Demetri, G. D. (2012), Tivantinib (ARQ 197), a selective inhibitor of MET, in patients with microphthalmia transcription factor–associated tumors. Cancer, 118: 5894–5902. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27582
We are extremely grateful to the patients participating in this study and to their family members, as well as to the coinvestigators and study teams at each site. We thank Bret Wing, PhD, ProEd Communications, Inc., for his medical editorial assistance with this manuscript.
Trial registered at ClinicalTrials.gov (identifier NCT00557609).
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 2 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 NOV 2011
- 16Perivascular epithelioid cell tumor of the sigmoid colon with transcription factor E3 expression. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011; doi:10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2011.01.007, , , et al.
- 29New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216., , , et al.
- 41Activity of cediranib, a highly potent and selective VEGF signaling inhibitor, in alveolar soft part sarcoma [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27( 15 suppl): 541s. Abstract 10523., , , et al.
- 45Results from ARQ 197-209: a global randomized placebo-controlled phase 2 clinical trial of erlotinib plus ARQ 197 versus erlotinib plus placebo in previously treated EGFR inhibitor-naïve patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28( 15 suppl): 954s. Abstract LBA7502., , , et al.
- 46Final results from ARQ 197-209: a global randomized placebo-controlled phase 2 clinical trial of erlotinib plus ARQ 197 versus erlotinib plus placebo in previously treated EGFR-inhibitor naïve patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer [abstract]. Presented at: 35th ESMO Congress; October 8-12, 2010; Milan, Italy. Abstract 363O., , , et al.
- 47Phase I results of the randomized, placebo controlled, phase I/II study of the novel oral c-Met inhibitor, ARQ 197, irinotecan (CPT-11), and cetuximab (C) in patients (pts) with wild-type (WT) KRAS metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) who have received front-line systemic therapy [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29:Abstract 527., , , et al.