Fax: (301) 402-0817
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2012
Published 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 22, pages 5630–5636, 15 November 2012
How to Cite
Shiels, M. S., Engels, E. A., Shi, J., Landi, M. T., Albanes, D., Chatterjee, N., Chanock, S. J., Caporaso, N. E. and Chaturvedi, A. K. (2012), Genetic variation in innate immunity and inflammation pathways associated with lung cancer risk . Cancer, 118: 5630–5636. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27605
For the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening Trial, we thank Drs. Christine Berg and Philip Prorok, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute (NCI); the Screening Center investigators and staff of the PLCO Cancer Screening Trial; Mr. Tom Riley and staff, Information Management Services, Inc.; Ms. Barbara O'Brien and staff, Westat, Inc.; Mr. Tim Sheehy and staff, DNA Extraction and Staging Laboratory, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)-Frederick, Inc.; and Ms. Jackie King and staff, BioReliance, Inc. Most important, we acknowledge the study participants for their contributions to making this study possible.
For the NCI genome-wide association study, we thank the participants and collaborators of the Environment and Genetics in Lung Cancer Etiology (EAGLE), Alpha-Tocopherol, Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention (ATBC), PLCO, and Cancer Prevention Study-II (CPS-II) Nutrition Cohort studies; the staff of the Core Genotyping Facility—specifically Amy Hutchinson, Aurelie Vogt, Kevin Jacobs, and Zhaoming Wang; the National Center for Biotechnology for assistance with data cleaning; Justin Paschall and Mike Feolo for data manipulation; and Adam Risch, Bill Wheeler, and Sihui Zhao of Information Management Services, Inc. for database support. *This article is US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
This article is US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 20 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JAN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1A Combined Prognostic Serum Interleukin-8 and Interleukin-6 Classifier for Stage 1 Lung Cancer in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial, Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 2014, 9, 10, 1494, , , , ,
- 2Circulating Inflammation Markers and Prospective Risk for Lung Cancer, JNCI Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 2013, 105, 24, 1871, , , , , , , , , , , ,