Fax: (972) 491-9749
The Cancer Survival Query System: Making survival estimates from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results program more timely and relevant for recently diagnosed patients
Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 22, pages 5652–5662, 15 November 2012
How to Cite
Feuer, E. J., Lee, M., Mariotto, A. B., Cronin, K. A., Scoppa, S., Penson, D. F., Hachey, M., Cynkin, L., Carter, G. A., Campbell, D., Percy-Laurry, A., Zou, Z., Schrag, D. and Hankey, B. F. (2012), The Cancer Survival Query System: Making survival estimates from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results program more timely and relevant for recently diagnosed patients. Cancer, 118: 5652–5662. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27615
- Issue online: 30 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 8 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 25 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 AUG 2011
Vol. 119, Issue 8, 1602–1604, Version of Record online: 27 DEC 2012
- 1Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. http://seer.cancer.gov/. Accessed September 25, 2009.
- 2http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2008/, based on November 2010 SEER data submission. Accessed July 5, 2011., , , et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2008. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2011.
- 6Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Health Statistics (US Life Tables). FastStats A to Z. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/. Accessed September 25, 2009.
- 7Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. http://www.cms.gov/. Accessed October 22, 2010.
- 8Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER Historical Coding and Staging Manuals. http://seer.cancer.gov/tools/codingmanuals/historical.html. Accessed September 27, 2009.
- 9Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence-SEER 17 Regs, Nov. 2007 Sub (2000-2005) <Age Groups Including 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, and 100+, WITHOUT the Katrina/Rita Population Adjustment>-Linked To County Attributes-Total US, 1969-2005 Counties. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch; Year of publication 2009. Released February 2008, based on the November 2007 submission.
- 10Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER Registry Groupings for Analysis. http://seer.cancer.gov/registries/terms.html. Accessed April 13, 2011.
- 12Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER Cancer-specific Death Classification. http://seer.cancer.gov/causespecific/index.html. Accessed October 31, 2010.
- 14http://surveillance.cancer.gov/reports/. Accessed January 6, 2012., , , et al. Technical Report on the Cancer Survival Query System. Technical Report #2012-01. Bethesda, MD: Surveillance Research Program, National Cancer Institute; 2012.
- 19Percy C, Shanmugaratnam K, Whelan S, et al, eds. International Classification of Diseases for Oncology. 3rd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2000.
- 20The Veteran's Administration Cooperative Urologic Research Group: histologic grading and clinical staging of prostatic carcinoma. In: Tannenbaum M, ed. Urologic Pathology: The Prostate. Philadelphia: Lea and Febiger; 1977: 171-198..
- 21Diagnosis and staging of prostate cancer. In: Wein AJ, Kavoussi LR, Novick AC, Partin AW, Peters CA, eds. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders; 2007: 2912-2931., , .
- 22Greene FL, Page DL, Fleming ID, et al, eds. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 6th ed. New York, NY: Springer-Verlag; 2002.
- 27National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences. Centers of Excellence in Communications Research Initiative. http://cancercontrol.cancer.gov/hcirb/ceccr/ceccr-index. html. Accessed July 6, 2011.