See referenced original article on pages 6179–87, this issue.
Young adults, cancer, health insurance, socioeconomic status, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act†
Article first published online: 26 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 118, Issue 24, pages 6018–6021, 15 December 2012
How to Cite
Bleyer, A., Ulrich, C. and Martin, S. (2012), Young adults, cancer, health insurance, socioeconomic status, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Cancer, 118: 6018–6021. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27685
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 26 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 APR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 4 APR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 2012
- 2Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence-SEER 17 Regs Research Data + Hurricane Katrina Impacted Louisiana Cases, Nov. 2010 Sub (2000-2008) <Katrina/Rita Population Adjustment>-Linked To County Attributes-Total US, 1969-2009 Counties. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch; 2011. Released April 2011 (updated 10/28/2011) based on the November 2010 submission. www.seer.cancer.gov. Accessed February 19, 2012.
- 3Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2009_pops09/results_figure/sect_01_intro2_24pgs.pdf. pp 18–19. Accessed May 22, 2012.
- 4Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program. SEER*Stat Database: Mortality-All COD, Aggregated With State, Total US (1969-2008) <Katrina/Rita Population Adjustment>. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch; 2011. Released September 2011; underlying mortality data provided by National Center for Health Statistics. www.seer.cancer.gov. Accessed March 4, 2012.
- 5Closing the Gap: Research and Care Imperatives for Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer. A Report of the Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Progress Review Group. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute and the LiveStrong Young Adult Alliance, 2006, Year. http://planning.cancer.gov/library/AYAO_PRG_Report_2006_FINAL.pdf. Accessed May 22, 2012
- 8Gallup Poll (Daily tracking, January 1-December 31, 2009): Do you have health insurance? February 22, 2010. www.gallup.com/poll/126143/health-insurance-coverage-varies-widely-age-income.aspx. Accessed May 22, 2012.
- 9http://aspe.hhs.gov/health/reports/2011/YoungAdultsACA/ib.shtml. Accessed February 20, 2012., . 2.5 Million Young Adults Gain Health Insurance Due to the Affordable Care Act.
- 10US Census Bureau. Persons at work by hours worked: 2010 US Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0605.pdf. Accessed February 2, 2012.
- 13Health insurance and spending among cancer patients. Health Aff (Millwood). 2003 Jan-Jun; Suppl Web Exclusives: W3-189-198., .