Fax: (314) 362-7086
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 4, pages 766–773, 15 February 2013
How to Cite
Adkins, D., Ley, J., Trinkaus, K., Thorstad, W., Lewis, J., Wildes, T., Siegel, B. A., Dehdashti, F., Gay, H., Mehan, P. and Nussenbaum, B. (2013), A phase 2 trial of induction nab-paclitaxel and cetuximab given with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil followed by concurrent cisplatin and radiation for locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer, 119: 766–773. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27741
We recognize the contributions by Jose Iglesias, MD; Rick Hippert; Bruce Haughey, MBBS; Jason Diaz, MD; Randall Paniello, MD; Eric Hallowell; and Nancy Gregory.
Poster presentations were made at the American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meetings of 2010 and 2011.
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 13 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 APR 2012
- 17Edge SB, Byrd DR, Compton CC, Fritz AG, Greene FL, Trotti A, eds. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 7th ed. New York, NY: Springer; 2010.
- 19New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216., , , et al.
- 22Retrospective analysis of the addition of cetuximab to induction chemotherapy (IC) with docetaxel, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil (TPF-C) for locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (LA-HNSCC). 2007 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings, Part I. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25(18 suppl): abstract 6072., , , et al.
- 34Sequential chemoradiotherapy (SCRT) for larynx preservation (LP): Preliminary results of the randomized phase II TREMPLIN study. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27(15 suppl): 303s., , , et al.
- 35Feasibility and efficacy of induction docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil chemotherapy combined with cisplatin concurrent chemoradiotherapy for nonmetastatic stage IV head-and-neck squamous cell carcinomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 81: e237-e243., , , , .
- 36Docetaxel, cisplatin and fluorouracil induction chemotherapy followed by accelerated fractionation/concomitant boost radiation and concurrent cisplatin in patients with advanced squamous cell head and neck cancer: A Southwest Oncology Group phase II trial (S0216). Head Neck. 2010; 32: 221-228., , , et al.
- 37Gruppo di Studio Tumori della Testa e del Collo XRP 6976 F/2501 Study. Concomitant chemoradiotherapy versus induction docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil (TPF) followed by concomitant chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck cancer: a phase II randomized study. Ann Oncol. 2010; 21: 1515-1522., , , et al;