Fax (507) 284-1803
A randomized phase 2 study of temozolomide and bevacizumab or nab-paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bevacizumab in patients with unresectable stage IV melanoma †‡§¶
A North Central Cancer Treatment Group study, N0775
Article first published online: 22 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 3, pages 586–592, 1 February 2013
How to Cite
Kottschade, L. A., Suman, V. J., Perez, D. G., McWilliams, R. R., Kaur, J. S., Amatruda, T. T., Geoffroy, F. J., Gross, H. M., Cohen, P. A., Jaslowski, A. J., Kosel, M. L. and Markovic, S. N. (2013), A randomized phase 2 study of temozolomide and bevacizumab or nab-paclitaxel, carboplatin, and bevacizumab in patients with unresectable stage IV melanoma . Cancer, 119: 586–592. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27760
The content of this article is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the views of the National Cancer Institute or the National Institutes of Health.
This study was presented at the American Society for Clinical Oncology 2011 Annual Meeting, June 3 to 7, Chicago, Illinois, as a poster discussion.
Additional participating institutions include: Geisinger Clinic and Medical Center CCOP, Danville, PA (Albert M. Bernath, Jr, MD); Columbus CCOP, Columbus, OH (J. Philip Kuebler, MD, PhD); Grand Rapids Clinical Oncology Program, Grand Rapids, MI (Martin J. Bury, MD); Michigan Cancer Research Consortium, Ann Arbor, MI (Philip J. Stella, MD); Iowa Oncology Research Association CCOP, Des Moines, IA (Robert J. Behrens, MD); Duluth CCOP, Duluth, MN (Daniel A. Nikcevich, MD); Meritcare Hospital CCOP, Fargo, ND (Preston D. Steen, MD); Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, PA (Suresh Nair, MD); Cedar Rapids Oncology Project CCOP, Cedar Rapids, IA (Martin Wiesenfeld, MD); Colorado Cancer Research Program, Denver, CO (Eduardo R. Pajon, Jr, MD); Missouri Valley Cancer Consortium Omaha, NE (Gamini S. Soori, MD); Toledo Community Hospital Oncology Program CCOP, Toledo, OH (Rex B. Mowat, MD); Wichita Community Clinical Oncology Program, Wichita, KS (Shaker R. Dakhil, MD); Northern Indiana Cancer Research Consortium CCOP, South Bend, IN (Robin T. Zon, MD); Rapid City Regional Oncology Group, Rapid City, SD (Richard C. Tenglin, MD); Sioux Community Cancer Consortium, Sioux Falls, SD (Miroslaw Mazurczak, MD); Montana Cancer Consortium, Billings, MT (Benjamin T. Marchello, MD); Cancer Research for the Ozarks, Springfield, MO (Robert L Carolla, MD); CentraCare Clinic, St. Cloud, MN (Donald J. Jurgens, MD); and Virgina Mason CCOP, Seattle, WA (Jacqueline Vuky, MD).
See editorial on pages 477–80, this issue.
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 22 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 5 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2011
This article has been cited by:
- 1Angiogenesis, vasculogenic mimicry and vascular invasion in cutaneous malignant melanoma – implications for therapeutic strategies and targeted therapies, Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, 2014, 14, 5, 621, ,
- 2Combinatorial Approach to Treatment of Melanoma, Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America, 2014, 28, 3, 601, ,
- 3Drug Delivery Nanoparticles in Skin Cancers, BioMed Research International, 2014, 2014, 1, , , , , , , , , ,
- 4Latest Advances in Chemotherapeutic, Targeted, and Immune Approaches in the Treatment of Metastatic Melanoma, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, 2014, 89, 4, 504, ,
- 6Nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel): extending its indications, Expert Opinion on Drug Safety, 2014, 1, ,
- 7Trial Watch: Tumor-targeting monoclonal antibodies in cancer therapy, OncoImmunology, 2014, 3, 1, e27048, , , , , , , ,
- 8Challenging resistance mechanisms to therapies for metastatic melanoma, Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, 2013, 34, 12, 656, , ,
- 9Inhibition of Angiogenesis for the Treatment of Metastatic Melanoma, Current Oncology Reports, 2013, 15, 5, 492, ,
- 10Revisiting the role of systemic therapies in patients with metastatic melanoma to the CNS, Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, 2013, 13, 5, 559, , ,
- 11The immunomodulatory effects of bevacizumab on systemic immunity in patients with metastatic melanoma, OncoImmunology, 2013, 2, 5, e24436, , , , ,
- 12Vulvar and vaginal melanoma: Case series and review of current management options including neoadjuvant chemotherapy, Gynecologic Oncology, 2013, 129, 3, 533, , , ,