Fax: (011) 44-1923-844138
Prognostic factors for recurrence and survival in anal cancer
Generating hypotheses from the mature outcomes of the first United Kingdom Coordinating Committee on Cancer Research Anal Cancer Trial (ACT I)
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 4, pages 748–755, 15 February 2013
How to Cite
Glynne-Jones, R., Sebag-Montefiore, D., Adams, R., Gollins, S., Harrison, M., Meadows, H. M., Jitlal, M. and for the United Kingdom Coordinating Committee on Cancer Research Anal Cancer Trial Working Party (2013), Prognostic factors for recurrence and survival in anal cancer. Cancer, 119: 748–755. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27825
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 31 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUN 2012
- 1Cancer Research UK. Risks and causes of anal cancer. Available at: http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/type/anal-cancer/about/risks-and-causes-of-anal-cancer. Accessed May 20, 2012.
- 4Epidermoid anal cancer: results from the UKCCCR randomised trial of radiotherapy alone versus radiotherapy, 5-fluorouracil and mitomycin. UKCCCR Anal Cancer Working Party. UK Co-ordinating Comimittee on Cancer Research. Lancet. 1996; 348: 1049-1054.
- 6Concomitant radiotherapy and chemotherapy is superior to radiotherapy alone in the treatment of locally advanced anal cancer: results of a phase III randomized trial of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Radiotherapy and Gastrointestinal Cooperative Groups. J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 2040-2049., , , et al.
- 7Role of mitomycin in combination with fluorouracil and radiotherapy and of salvage chemoradiation in the definitive nonsurgical treatment of epidermoid carcinoma of the anal canal: results of a phase III randomized intergroup study. J Clin Oncol. 1996; 14: 2527-2539., , , et al.
- 10A randomised trial of chemoradiation using mitomycin or cisplatin, with or without maintenance cisplatin/5FU in squamous cell carcinoma of the anus [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 18S( pt II of II). Abstract LBA-4009., , , et al.
- 11Long-term update of US GI Intergroup RTOG 98-11 phase III trial for anal carcinoma: comparison of concurrent chemoradiation with 5FU-mitomycin versus 5FU-cisplatin for disease-free and overall survival [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29(suppl 4). Abstract 367., , , et al.
- 13Spiessl B, Hermanek P, Scheibe O, Wagner G, eds. TNM-Atlas: Illustrated Guide to the TNM/pTNM-Classification of Malignant Tumours. 2nd ed. Berlin: Springer-Verlag; 1985.
- 27Spiessl B, Hermanek P, Scheibe O, Wagner G, eds. Union Internationale Contre Le Cancer (UICC) TNM-Atlas Illustrated Guide to the TNM/pTNM-Classification of Malignant Tumours, 4th ed. Berlin: Springer-Verlag; 1990.