Fax: (410) 706-5394
Out-of-pocket health care expenditure burden for Medicare beneficiaries with cancer
Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 6, pages 1257–1265, 15 March 2013
How to Cite
Davidoff, A. J., Erten, M., Shaffer, T., Shoemaker, J. S., Zuckerman, I. H., Pandya, N., Tai, M.-H., Ke, X. and Stuart, B. (2013), Out-of-pocket health care expenditure burden for Medicare beneficiaries with cancer. Cancer, 119: 1257–1265. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27848
- Issue online: 4 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 1 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAY 2012
- 4The USA Today/Kaiser Family Foundation/Harvard School of Public Health. National Survey of Households Affected by Cancer. http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/upload/7591.pdf. Accessed September 25, 2012.
- 5Ries LAG, Melbert D, Krapcho M, et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2005. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; Year. seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2005/. Based on November 2007 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER Web site, 2008. Access date.
- 6American Cancer Society. ACS Cancer Facts and Figures Supplemental Data 2008. http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@nho/documents/document/2008cafffinalsecuredpdf.pdf Accessed September 25, 2012.
- 7Kaiser Family Foundation. Medicare Chartbook. 4th ed. Menlo Park, CA: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation; 2012.www.kff.org/medicare/upload/8103.pdf. Accessed May 28, 2010..
- 8The Burden of Out-of-Pocket Health Spending Among Older Versus Younger Adults: Analysis from the Consumer Expenditure Survey, 1998-2003. Menlo Park, CA: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation; Year. www.kff.org/medicare/7686.cfm. Accessed October 12, 2008., , , .
- 9The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. Medicare Chartbook. 3rd ed. Menlo Park, CA: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation; 2005. www.kff.org/medicare/upload/Medicare-Chart-Book-3rd-Edition-Summer-2005-Report.pdf. Accessed May 24, 2012.
- 21Derivation of malignancy status from ICD-9 codes. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003: 1050., , , et al.
- 23Eligibility and take-up of the Medicare part D low income subsidy. Inquiry In press., , , , .