Fax: (312) 503 4800
Cancer care planning and quality improvement: 2 for the price of 1? †
Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 1, pages 4–6, 1 January 2013
How to Cite
Garcia, S. F. and Ganz, P. A. (2013), Cancer care planning and quality improvement: 2 for the price of 1? . Cancer, 119: 4–6. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27861
- Issue online: 17 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 29 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 AUG 2012
- 1Hewitt M, Greenfield S, Stovall E, eds. From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2006.
- 2American Society of Clinical Oncology. ASCO Cancer Treatment Summaries. 2012. http://www.cancer.net/patient/Survivorship/ASCO+Cancer+Treatment+Summaries. Accessed June 6, 2012.
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Lance Armstrong Foundation. A national action plan for cancer survivorship: Advancing public health strategies. Atlanta: United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2004. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/survivorship/pdf/plan.pdf.
- 8Institute of Medicine, National Cancer Policy Board. Ensuring quality cancer care. Washington, D.C.: National Academy Press; 1999: http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=6467., ,
- 9Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Physician Quality Reporting System. Available at: cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/PQRS/index.html. Accessed June 21, 2012.
- 10ASCO Breast Cancer Registry Pilot Steering Group. Implementing a breast cancer registry and treatment plan/summary program in clinical practice: a pilot program. Cancer. 2012; 00: 000-000., , , et al.
- 11Patient perspectives on breast cancer treatment plan and summary documents in community oncology care: a pilot program. Cancer. 2012; 00: 000-000., , , et al.
- 14American College of Surgeons. Cancer Program Standards 2012, Version 1.1: Ensuring Patient-Centered Care. Available at: facs.org/cancer/coc/programstandards2012.html. Accessed June 21, 2012.
- 15The Lance Armstrong Foundation, The National Cancer Institute, , . Implementing Cancer Survivorship Care Planning: Workshop Summary 2007. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2012.