Fax: (212) 396-5560
Long-term regional control and survival in patients with “low-risk,” early stage oral tongue cancer managed by partial glossectomy and neck dissection without postoperative radiation
The importance of tumor thickness
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 6, pages 1168–1176, 15 March 2013
How to Cite
Ganly, I., Goldstein, D., Carlson, D. L., Patel, S. G., O'Sullivan, B., Lee, N., Gullane, P. and Shah, J. P. (2013), Long-term regional control and survival in patients with “low-risk,” early stage oral tongue cancer managed by partial glossectomy and neck dissection without postoperative radiation. Cancer, 119: 1168–1176. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27872
- Issue published online: 4 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 16 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUL 2012
- 1Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, et al. eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009 (Vintage 2009 Populations). Based on the November 2011 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site 2012. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2011. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/statistics. Accessed September 2012.
- 11Multivariate predictors of occult neck metastasis in early oral tongue cancer. Otoaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2000; 122: 139-142., , , et al.
- 12Prognostic factors of clinically stage I and II oral tongue carcinoma—a comparative study of stage, thickness, shape, growth pattern, invasive front malignancy grading, Martinez-Gimeno score and pathologic features. Head Neck. 2002; 24: 513-520., , , et al.
- 162012; Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Available at: http://ahns.jnabstracts.com/Detail.aspx?ID=0398. Accessed September 2012., , , et al. Neck dissection without postoperative radiotherapy in select patients with oral cavity carcinoma and the pN1 neck [poster P002]. Paper presented at: Eighth International Conference of Head and Neck Cancer; July 21-25,
- 17The impact of adjuvant radiotherapy on survival in T1-2N1 squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity. Arch Otolaryngology Head Neck Surg. 2010; 136; 225-229., , , et al.