Fax: (646) 422-2285
ABVD alone and a PET scan complete remission negates the need for radiologic surveillance in early-stage, nonbulky Hodgkin lymphoma†
Article first published online: 6 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 119, Issue 6, pages 1203–1209, 15 March 2013
How to Cite
Hartridge-Lambert, S. K., Schöder, H., Lim, R. C., Maragulia, J. C. and Portlock, C. S. (2013), ABVD alone and a PET scan complete remission negates the need for radiologic surveillance in early-stage, nonbulky Hodgkin lymphoma. Cancer, 119: 1203–1209. doi: 10.1002/cncr.27873
Presented previously as a poster at the 53rd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Exposition; December 10-13, 2011; San Diego, Calif.
- Issue published online: 4 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 6 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 18 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUN 2012
- 2Results of a prospective randomized clinical trial of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) followed by radiation therapy (RT) versus ABVD alone for stages I, II, and IIIA nonbulky Hodgkin disease. Blood. 2004; 104: 3483-3489., , , et al.
- 7Patients' versus physicians' roles in detecting recurrent Hodgkin lymphoma. J Clin Oncol. 29: 2011; (suppl; abstr 8041)., , , .
- 8Who actually detects relapse in Hodgkin lymphoma: patient or physician? ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts. 2004; 104: 853a-854a., , .
- 13ESMO Guidelines Working Group. Hodgkin's lymphoma: ESMO clinical recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol. 2009; 20(suppl 4): 108-109., , ;
- 17National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group; Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Randomized comparison of ABVD chemotherapy with a strategy that includes radiation therapy in patients with limited-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group and the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 4634-4642., , , et al;
- 23Influence of more extensive radiotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapy on long-term outcome of early-stage Hodgkin's disease: a meta-analysis of 23 randomized trials involving 3,888 patients. International Hodgkin's Disease Collaborative Group. J Clin Oncol. 1998; 16: 830-843., , , .
- 25Role of routine imaging in lymphoma. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2011; 9: 575-584., .
- 27National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Hodgkin lymphoma. In: NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Fort Washington, PA: National Comprehensive Cancer Network; 2011: 15.
- 31Early interim 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography is prognostically superior to international prognostic score in advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: a report from a joint Italian-Danish study. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 3746-3752., , , et al.
- 34Does a negative post-therapy PET obviate the need for any further follow-up imaging in patients with nonbulky early-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL)? ASCO Meeting Abstracts. 2010; 28: 8058., , , et al.